About Me

My photo
I am a male yellow Lab. My birth date is September 4th 2011. I am in training to be a guide dog for the blind. (guide dog school -Southeastern Guide Dogs) I'm my raiser's fifth guide dog puppy. She will keep me for (about) 1 year, then I will head off to harness training! Please feel free to follow my blog and keep up with: Brandon's Life... As a guide dog in training

My Furry Friends! (Feel free to join the pack!)

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Wagon Ride!

My raiser took my on my very first wagon ride recently, complete with an "up close sniffing" with her horse - that's right, I got to MEET the horse!!
"Patches" was very friendly and I really enjoyed meeting her; I'm thinking I may ask fur my very own horse when my birthday roles around!
The wagon ride was soo fun, and my raiser did an amazing job at both driving AND controlling me... with no help from others!
It was a great experience, and now I can brag about it to the other guide dog puppies :)

I want to apologize for not visiting any of you guys recently, I've been super busy lately and I hope that my raiser & I's schedule settles down some, but knowing her busy life... that will never happen!
So even if I'm not commenting on or visiting your blog, I do love you guys and hope to be reading about some of your adventures soon!

Enjoy the pictures below,

-Brandon


Mommy, can I sniff it???
Picture of Brandon staring at the horse (Patches) & wagon, my sister is holding the horse and a farm visitor is also beside her

Let me touch it...

Picture of Brandon trying to decide whether to sniff Patches or not

She smells like a horse...
Movie of Brandon sniffing Patches
*Please note that Patches has been introduced to "new" dogs many a times, and doesn't mind them at all (she's a petting zoo horse) - so this is/was old news to her and we were not worried  or unsure (at anytime) that Brandon may "spook" or "scare" her.


OMD, she's the size of King Kong!

Picture of Brandon staring up at Patches

FINALLY, my wagon ride :)
Picture of Brandon & I sitting on the wagon (aka: the buckboard)

17 comments:

How Sam Sees It said...

How fun! I'll admit, I've been wanting to train one of my Friesians to drive - mainly because I want to go around the neighborhood with one of the boys!

Sam

FANCY the Red Standard Poodle said...

Hi Y'all,

No need for an apology about not being able to visit...it's been super busy for us too!

So neat y'all got to go for a carriage er... buckboard ride.

Y'all come by now,
Hawk aka BrownDog

Elizabeth Bergesen said...

That is one big puppy you just met there!

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

It's just amazing how far Brandon has come in such a short time. He has a very good raiser!

:o)

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Good job Brandon!

Two French Bulldogs said...

What fun Brandon...
Benny & Lily

Donna said...

O hai! U look so cute. I proud of u. :)

houndstooth said...

I was in a parade with horses a couple of times, and they ride around our town when it's nice out. I am pretty sure if I could lose this darned leash that I could catch one!

Bunny

Sue and Doug said...

great day for a wagon ride, Brandon...looks like you made a new friend!!

HH and The Boys said...

Wooohoooo.... that sounds exciting. Now sure I would be so calm with that big horse, but Patches looks like a good one. Have fun.

pawhugs, Max

Nubbin' Tails said...

We have horses close to our new house. We haven't been over to visit yet. I wonder what they will think of us...and us of them.

Wags!

Mr. Nubbin'

Hilary said...

Oh Brandon, you are such a lucky pup! what fun you and your raiser must have had!

Elijah said...

what a fun experience!

Bailey Be Good! said...

OOH! I wanna go on a wagon ride now! :)

Woofs & hugs, <3

~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

Brooke, Cessna, Canyon & Rogue said...

Brandon, You are one lucky puppy! I love horses and so wish I had the opportunity to expose my dogs to such a well rounded horse :)

P.S. I've had to sadly stop following your blog because my screen reader (I'm visually impaired) doesn't like cooperating with it for some strange reason. I hope to start re-following in the real near future.

Vertigo said...

Looks like always have such amazing adventures! Love to meet horses. Am cattle dog and horses so best friends!

horseridesnetus said...

There's nothing better than red wagons for kids to glorify the innocence of our youth. I don't think you can drive by a home with children that doesn't have a little red wagon in their yard somewhere.

Bryce Canyon Wagon Ride