About Me

My photo
I am a male yellow Lab. My birth date is September 4th 2011. I am in training to be a guide dog for the blind. (guide dog school -Southeastern Guide Dogs) I'm my raiser's fifth guide dog puppy. She will keep me for (about) 1 year, then I will head off to harness training! Please feel free to follow my blog and keep up with: Brandon's Life... As a guide dog in training

My Furry Friends! (Feel free to join the pack!)

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Updates (TRAINER!!)

MY TRAINER IS BACK!!

She got home Thursday night, and my trainer's parents were kind enough to take me with them to the airport! So I got to see her before her siblings did. We got there before her airplane arrived, so I had time to use the "restroom" on the way to the luggage claim were we were going to be meeting her. (And when I mean "on the way" I mean IN the building). She called right after she got off the plane to let us know she was in the airport (the plane was over an hour late) so I got really excited! She was coming down the escalator (I saw her before she saw me!) and then she called my name. I got so excited that I ran and jumped on her right away. (it's been a month), we all headed to pickup her luggage so we could go home (noting my trainer traded with her dad pretty quickly, she had 2 big bags that were carry ons, and he had me...). She spotted her suitcases pretty quickly so once we got them we went home. I wasn't obeying since I was really happy to see her, but she soon got me to lay down so we could go home. Once we finally got home, her siblings ran out to greet HER; I mean I was gone for over a hour and they don't even say "Hi Frankie!" they just skipped me and ran to her (they probably know she has gifts for them!). Right when she got her suitcases up to her room, he father then came and said to pack a bag since we are getting ready to go out of town. (for all who don't know, my trainer's brother went to the US Naval Academy 6 weeks ago, and we all were going to visit him the day she got home), so she dumped out things from her carry on and started to pack. Her mother then called and said that they had to go drop off the pig with its baby-sitter (because the farm sitters didn't know how to bottle feed the pig. For all who don't know about the pig I did a post called "Oink") She got back home from doing that and was then told that instead of leaving around 2 in the morning we are going to leave at 10pm! Of course that was in a couple minutes so she ran upstairs to finish packing. It was 10 before she was done packing, so she wasn't ready to leave. We were already on the way when she remembered what she forgot (Money, a gift for her brother, a charger for her camera, phone, swimsuit, dog toys for ME, and more!) but to fix the problems (she happened to have travelers checks and could cash those, she is going to send the gift for her brother, the camera almost ran out of battery, she had to stay with an adult all the time since she didn't have a phone, her sister's friend happened to bring a swimsuit she'd borrowed from my trainer and her own, and I got to play with water bottles to make up for not having dog toys!) They did remember my uniform which was a good thing! I had a blast, and got to stay in a hotel for 2 nights! We got back home at 3 in the morning, and I went right to sleep!! My trainer is on American time (that is, she is not always sleepy since she is on her country's time) and she has to feed the pig every 2 hours (with some help from her mom at night...). I will leave you with some pictures!

Frankie

Me sleeping while a really boring something
was going on!


And then I decided to wink!














This was a wild bunny my trainer noticed,
and it was friendly enough to come close enough
to not have to zoom in for this picture!!




This is a boat my trainer's family (not including
her) rode. She was going to take me on it but thought that wasn't a good time for me to get
seasick (since I have never been on a boat before).
...but it was fun watching them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your owner's back (thanks for the gifts, Allie)! Bet you were very happy to see her!

Sarah and Shadow said...

Yay! She's back! I bet you've missed her! (I now have that same pick up doggie bag dispenser!)

Elizabeth and Peyton said...

Yay! Airports are good places to do training excercises, too.