About Me

My photo
I am a male yellow Lab. My birth date is September 4th 2011. I am in training to be a guide dog for the blind. (guide dog school -Southeastern Guide Dogs) I'm my raiser's fifth guide dog puppy. She will keep me for (about) 1 year, then I will head off to harness training! Please feel free to follow my blog and keep up with: Brandon's Life... As a guide dog in training

My Furry Friends! (Feel free to join the pack!)

Monday, August 9, 2010

Pool Party FUN!

That's right... our guide dog group did there recentest puppy class at -
A SWIMMING POOL!
A friend of our AC was kind enough to let our group use there very nice swimming pool for us to teach our dogs how to swim.
My raiser seemed to think I was going to "just love" the water... but she was WRONG! I did everything I could to get OUT of the water.
Though I wasn't like some of the dogs (swimming laps... after laps... around the pool), my raiser was proud that I "got in" by myself once - of course jumping back out real soon!
While doing some obedience outside of the pool (which I got an A+ for!) our AC had each raiser take the dog down the pool stairs - let them swim in a little circle - and come back up the stairs. I wasn't overly thrilled about that - but I got over it.
It was a blast watching the 2 new puppies in our group "try" to swim - they are soo tiny!
My raiser didn't get many pictures taken at the pool party - but she's hoping some other raisers will send some pictures to her, if so I'll make sure to post them :)

Fur now, enjoy the pictures & movies below, furry kisses to my friends!
Rudy
The dog with a blog
picture of me with Rudy in my arms - such a baby!
Picture of Rudy in a sit-stay beside me (out of the water) - we are doing a little puppy obedience

(Movie of Rudy & I going into the water - and coming back out - via the stairs, Rudy wasn't to happy about it, but he was a good boy!)

(Movie of little Lexie -the little black/tan puppy swimming in the pool)

16 comments:

MadameMoiselle said...

Swimming is fun ! You will get the hang of it once you do it more often.. and then you will be asking for more !!

Is Lexie the little one or the golden guy that jump right into the pool ??

Licks
Zelle

Golden Daily Scoop said...

Now that what I call a pool par-tay!!! Can we come next time? :)

Miley and Maggie

Erin said...

Fun Fun!

The Daily Pip said...

Looks like SO MUCH FUN!

Your pal, Pip

Two French Bulldogs said...

Now that is one pool pawty! What fun
Benny & Lily

Lola and also Franklin, too said...

Nice photos and it looks like fun for a doggy who likes water - which you will, I'm sure. Me - never. In both cases it's a breed thing.

lotsa licks, Lola

Dexter said...

Aw, Rudy, don't worry, stupid PeeWee didn't want to go swimming until he was a year old. When he was about your age master tried to make him swim with similar results. Then momma took him to a swim club where he could wear a life jacket and he figured it all out. Now you can't keep him out of the pool.

Slobbers,
Mango

P.S. PeeWee ALWAYS uses the stairs no matter what.

Peggy Frezon said...

Hi Rudy,I'm stopping by belatedly from the blog hop.
My birthday is March 17th too! (Happy St. Patty's Day) But I'm a bit older than you. Swimming in the pool looks fun. I'm now following you too!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Rudy. I don't blame you one little bit! I hate getting my furs wet, too!

wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

Pat Wahler said...

I'm sure Rudy will do fine in the water...just takes some getting used to!

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com

Kari in Alaska said...

how super fun!

don't forget, we moved to dogisgodinreverse.com

D.K. Wall said...

Except for Cheoah, who the entire Herd has voted as weird, we totally agree with you about avoiding swimming. Cheoah (name means otter), well, swims like an otter.

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Ahhhhh!

Poor Toby!

It won't be long 'til woo are an old swimming pro!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Lauren said...

That looks like such a fun puppy meeting! I wish our group would do something like that :) Good boy, Rudy for getting in the water- even if it's not your favorite thing!

Bunta the Frenchie said...

Oh, Rudy, I hate swimming too!! (It's a suicide for me!)

I'll never be a good swimmer (
with my flat nose), but you sure will be!

Bunta

ocmist said...

We like our little pool, and Grammy wonders if we would like a big one, but so far, we haven't had a chance to find out. You sure are getting bigger fast!!! The CCC