About Me

My photo
I am a male yellow Lab. My birth date is September 4th 2011. I am in training to be a guide dog for the blind. (guide dog school -Southeastern Guide Dogs) I'm my raiser's fifth guide dog puppy. She will keep me for (about) 1 year, then I will head off to harness training! Please feel free to follow my blog and keep up with: Brandon's Life... As a guide dog in training

My Furry Friends! (Feel free to join the pack!)

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Joan- Hello & goodbye!

Joan came to my house Saturday morning 1 week ago.
We left for 4-H congress early Monday morning.
Joan did great and got well over 200 comments on how well she behaved(there was over 1,200 kids there).
I took many, many, many pictures(most I attached), but blogger is not very good placing words with pictures so I am not putting words on top of them, sorry!! (when I only do a couple pictures it is easy to tell where the words go). Joan had fun staying in the dorms, she got to go many different places, including bowling & watching a 4-H musical. While bowling she decided to cram herself between the 2 "benches" (seen in picture below) and stayed there the whole time 'til we left!

After bowling we went out to eat then left to go watch the "4-H musical"- it lasted 1 & 1/2 hours. Joan slept through most of it, although when they got the whole audience to sing a "tooty tat" she jumped up and watched!
Joan attended 2 dances, the last dance most people wore prom or really nice dressess.
We were the first in line for the dinner, (first picture below).
Because at the last dance we were the last people in line, and had to stand in line for over a hour!
On Tuesday night Joan and I manned a Southeastern Guide Dog display table for all 4-H members, sponsors, and alumni. After all, part of being a puppy raiser is education and marketing. We sure did alot of both!
Joan was a really awesome dog. She goes back to training August 6, so I won't get to see her again. I will miss her, but I am glad to have Toby back(I just got him today)- blog post coming later:)
Toby's trainer & Joan's puppy sitter


















































































































































































































No comments: