About Me

My photo
I am a male yellow Lab. My birth date is September 4th 2011. I am in training to be a guide dog for the blind. (guide dog school -Southeastern Guide Dogs) I'm my raiser's fifth guide dog puppy. She will keep me for (about) 1 year, then I will head off to harness training! Please feel free to follow my blog and keep up with: Brandon's Life... As a guide dog in training

My Furry Friends! (Feel free to join the pack!)

Monday, February 7, 2011

Behaving during a Meeting = FUN Afterwards!

I attended a Naval Academy Event with my furry cool raiser/family; where they would be packing boxes to send up to all of our "groups" mids. (I just slept...)
Doing what my raiser asked of me; I did a down-stay during the meeting, somehow managing to fall asleep, with all those people talking (see movies below).
But the one thing I didn't know my raiser was planning... was IF I behaved well during the meeting, then before we left - she'd let me have a short "playdate" with Biscuit (a yellow lab who lived at the house we were doing the meeting at).
Funny thing was - since Biscuit was outside in their fenced in yard; I didn't even realize a dog was there! (I did smell a furry cool creature... but I didn't know fur sure if it was a doggy).
since I behaved SO WELL during the meeting, my raiser & the owner of Biscuit had both of us doggies on the leash - and let us (slowly) meet.
My raiser was told that Biscuit doesn't always like strange dogs - but fur some GOOD reason, she fell in love with me... and we played for over an hour!
(Biscuit is a 6yr old, SPAYED female)
My raiser took many pictures and videos (see below), I hope you enjoy them :)
Furry Monday kisses!

Rudy
The dog with a blog


Behaving during the meeting...
Picture of Rudy in a down stay (in coat/harness) sleeping - during the meeting

(Movie of Rudy in a down-stay; you can hear the people in the background talking... quite loudly. Near the end of the movie; the chair beside him, gets pushed into his head... all he does is move his head to a different place! Good distraction training)


(Movie of Rudy in a down stay - in coat/harness, people are talking in the background; and many people are walking by/stepping over Rudy. He isn't fazed at all by the distractions/shoes/people.)


Equals; FUN afterwards...

(Movie of Rudy & Biscuit playing on the deck)

Picture of Biscuit & Rudy staring at each otherPicture of Rudy laying down, Biscuit (a yellow lab) is standing behind him

13 comments:

Jess the Dog Shopper said...

Looks like a great game of catch-me-if-you-can! Such a good boy Rudy! Come teach Cassie to fall asleep in public!

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

I tink we could take some lessons from Rudy.

Two French Bulldogs said...

What a good boy Rudy. How could some buddy not like you!!
Benny & Lily

Anonymous said...

Rudy, I was very impressed with how well you did when someone pushed the chair right into your cute little head and when the people were basically stepping on you! You did great! And wasn't it fun to play with Biscuit afterward!?

Elyse and Riley

Oskar said...

That looks like a great game you guys were playing!

Nubbin wiggle,s
Oskar

Pat Wahler said...

I am so impressed with Rudy's calm and unruffled manner. What a very good boy he is!

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com

3 doxies said...

I am so not surprised you was on your best behavior! I would haves so NOT been...hehehe.

Puddles

Maggie Mae and Max said...

YaY fur Rudy! You were such a good boy! :)

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

Doris Sturm said...

Wow, Rudy - you are so brave...I would not want to put my head amongst all those feet ;-) You are so good! You know what? I fall asleep too when people talk - and you looked like you had so much fun chasing your friend. It must've been cold because I saw your breath in the air...so nice to see you again. Thanks for visiting me. Mommy's been a bit preoccupied and has not been blogging as much, but she will as soon as she "catches" up with her crocheting.

Love,
Gizzy and his mom, Doris

Scooter said...

You are such a good guy Rudy!! WTG!! and thats great that you got to have some fun too!!

wags
jazzi

24 Paws of Love said...

You were a good boy and got a playdate...GOOD for you Rudy!! Glad you had such a good time.

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

How pawesome on all akhkhounts!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Bella the Boxer said...

Hi Rudy,

Your self-control is amazing!! My mom now says,"Why can't you be more like Rudy?!?!?"

xoxo,
Bella the (hyper) Boxer