About Me

My photo
I am a male yellow Lab. My birth date is September 4th 2011. I am in training to be a guide dog for the blind. (guide dog school -Southeastern Guide Dogs) I'm my raiser's fifth guide dog puppy. She will keep me for (about) 1 year, then I will head off to harness training! Please feel free to follow my blog and keep up with: Brandon's Life... As a guide dog in training

My Furry Friends! (Feel free to join the pack!)

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Brandon Update... Finally!

I have finally gotten Brandon's first update from the guide dog school, he passed his medical/hip tests and has now moved into training!
I'm glad Brandon has started training, and I know he must be enjoying himself and his classmates.
I should be getting his harness photo in the next few weeks; I'm looking forward to seeing how grown up my boy looks!
Starting in the next month or so, I should be receiving monthly updates/report cards about Brandon's training. 
Still, at any point, Brandon could be career changed due to a training/medical issue he may have developed, so please continue to pray and keep your fingers and paws crossed for him!  I want what's best for  my sweet boy and I'll be excited to see how Brandon progresses during his training.

Harris (the chocolate lab I was puppy sitting) returned to his raiser this past week, and he started his guide dog journey in FL this past Saturday, I wish him the best of luck with his training, he sure was a joy to have for the last month!

On a totally different note, I will be doing a review and giveaway on some doggy toys (thanks to Hartz!)
So keep your eyes peeled for that post!

-Brandon's Raiser

My sweet, lovable Brandon!
Picture of Brandon & I beside an old barn (Brandon joined me for a few of my senior pictures this Spring!)

Brandon & I at a different section of the old barn, it looks like I have Brandon in a head lock!

6 comments:

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! Good to see a post and update of Brandon. Golden Happy everything is doing well in his training school. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Two French Bulldogs said...

Glad to see Brandon updates! Cute
Benny & Lily

How Sam Sees It said...

I understand the headlock - I wouldn't want to give him up either! ;)

I'm glad you got an update, I'll keep my fingers crossed things go smoothly.

Sam

Dexter said...

Good luck Brandon! I know it is very hard work.

Kisses,
Dexter

The Army of Four said...

Yea! Go, Brandon! We're glad you got such a good update! He'll be in our prayers!
Luv,
Dave
PS: Those are GREAT pix of the two of you!

Hilary said...

Brandon - looking good! And harris is a cutie too!