About Me

My photo
I am a male yellow Lab. My birth date is September 4th 2011. I am in training to be a guide dog for the blind. (guide dog school -Southeastern Guide Dogs) I'm my raiser's fifth guide dog puppy. She will keep me for (about) 1 year, then I will head off to harness training! Please feel free to follow my blog and keep up with: Brandon's Life... As a guide dog in training

My Furry Friends! (Feel free to join the pack!)

Friday, March 25, 2011

Contact with Toby

(Written by Rudy's Raiser)
I've been counting down the days that the "3 month no contact" (with Toby's new owner) will be up - and just last week, the 3 month wait ended!
I just received a email back, from Toby's new owner - which (of course) has made my day :)
For your reading pleasure, I'm including (some) of the email below:


"*******:
I am going to start out with a couple of pictures of Toby with his new family and a picture of Toby with me next to our Search and Rescue Truck. Toby is progressing VERY well with “specific scent tracking” and area searches. Once he has finished his “live victim” search training I will also train him for firearms search and explosive detection to assist me with my duties at the Sheriff’s Office. Toby has a fantastic disposition….I have been able to take him with me everywhere that I go. He is naturally curious but never unruly. I will keep in touch with more photos and updates. He definitely came from a loving and caring puppy home.

******"

I was so happy to read that email, and I'm very glad to have contact with Toby's owner!
Thank you so much to Toby's new owner, for sending me this email, I'm looking forward to keeping in contact with you!

Toby will be turning 2yrs old THIS coming Sunday (March 27th), so a early Happy Birthday to him!

Rudy's Raiser

Family photo - with Toby's human family, and their other 3 dogs (Toby is on the far right)

Family photo with both humans & pups - Toby is on the far right)
Picture of Toby (in middle) with some of his new family (2 of their dogs

19 comments:

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

OH WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS...and that is a wonderful REPORT!!
{{{{SIGH}}}}

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

How wonderful for Toby and how fun for you to get such a great message. Thanks for sharing and please send our best to Toby.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Pepsi the Lazy Bum said...

That's most wonderful news! He sure looks good with his new furmaily! :)

Woofs,
Pepsi

Jennifer - Southeastern Guide Dogs said...

I saw Toby at Walkathon and he looked great!

Erin said...

So cool!!! He looks like he's at a great place!

Two French Bulldogs said...

How exciting to meet up with Toby again. You have one tough but rewarding career
Benny & Lily

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! He looks like he has a great new family to love on him!!

Elyse and Riley

Doris Sturm said...

OH, my - look at Toby! He looks so serious and smart! I think he knows that he's doing something very important. You have every reason to be proud of him and I'm so glad you also have contact with his family!

Happy weekend :-)

Oskar said...

What great news! Thanks for sharing the update with us!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Dexter said...

What a proud momma you must be. Toby is doing very important work and he seems to enjoy it. Can't wait for you to get to see him again.

Slobbers,
Mango

betty said...

I bet it made your heart feel good to see and hear how well Toby was doing!

betty

Bailey Be Good! said...

So awesome to hear! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Woofs & hugs,

~Bailey

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

That is great news. Such a feeling of accomplishment for you too.

24 Paws of Love said...

So happy you were finally able to hear some news and all of it so good. Good job Toby and Raiser!! YEAH for both you. :)

MadameMoiselle said...

Live victim search aand firearm search ?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?! I never imagine I will someday be friend's with some like you (Rudy's Raiser)..

It must be very rewarding to see the puppy you trained/raised to be doing so well and meaningful..

Licks
Zelle and mom..

Unknown said...

What a wonderful job you did with Toby! He looks so proud and so good with his new family and it seems he enjoys his new duties very much too. You must be so proud of him!

Jans Funny Farm said...

It's terrific Toby is progressing so well. Great news.

Becky said...

You should be so proud! Love the pictures!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

What nice siblings!

Thanks fur sharing these special pikhs with us!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra