About Me

My photo
I am a male yellow Lab. My birth date is September 4th 2011. I am in training to be a guide dog for the blind. (guide dog school -Southeastern Guide Dogs) I'm my raiser's fifth guide dog puppy. She will keep me for (about) 1 year, then I will head off to harness training! Please feel free to follow my blog and keep up with: Brandon's Life... As a guide dog in training

My Furry Friends! (Feel free to join the pack!)

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

USNA...

****Warning! Very long post ahead****

Hey furry friends! I'm finally back from the short furry fun "vacation" we were on.
So sorry for the warning at the top - but thought I should let you guys know... that this post will be a "little" long!
If you have time please read about the fun trip -I know you will enjoy it - I even mention a cannon in the update :)

Thursday
Back on Thursday, we left the house. To drive hours & hours on the road. (Getting to the hotel around midnight). I don't have much to tell - as we were just driving... so no fun update on Thursday. But...

Friday
I found out what we were doing. We were up in Maryland... visiting? My raiser's brother, who's at the Naval Academy (USNA). I've met my raiser's brother a couple times (back in May/June). So I was furry glad to see him again - and see some of his friends!
The family got to eat lunch with him (in the dining hall where all the other's eat). And I sat quietly on the floor, like a good dog!
We all went to watch the parade - which I really enjoyed, 'til I heard the band playing. My raiser had to make sure to keep me quite - because I really wanted to join in! What we didn't realize they were going to do was... Fire off a cannon... not once, not twice... but over 7 times! My raiser was so shocked I didn't even bark!
After hanging out for quite awhile we headed to some place where they go running - but since there would be obstacles on the way, I stayed back with my raiser's mother. When my raiser got back from running - she went on and on about how fun it was climbing & jumping over things. If it was so much fun... she should have taken me!
We headed to someones house that night to eat dinner (our family and some others made pizza), getting back to the hotel late at night I was soo sleepy! On

Saturday
My raiser, her mom & me headed downtown for some shopping. While the others went to the Navy football game. Little did I know that downtown was also called "dogtown". More than half the people brought their dog along! I saw and ignored soo many dogs, from little hand held dogs - to dogs that are taller then our family dog Liberty! (who's an English Mastiff!). It was a fun time in downtown, and we even went into the store called "The Black Dog". While in there we did have some families ask if I was "The Black Dog" - nope, I'm just a very cute black puppy! But I was soo happy they thought I'd be "The black dog!". After the football game ended we all headed to someones house for a cookout! I really enjoyed getting all the awesome attention. And later on I even got to "help" play volleyball... but my raiser made me stay on the sidelines :(

Sunday
After church we headed to the mall for some lunch, I slept quietly while they ate, and pretty soon it was time to say our goodbye. My raiser's brother went back to the Naval Academy - and we headed on home. I enjoyed the hours of sleep on the way home, and was so glad to see Liberty when we walked through the door!


Now that my update about our trip is over, please enjoy the pictures (and movies!) below, I most likely left out something important about our trip... but I'm off to sleep some more... so enjoy it how it is... :)
Someday soon I'll stop by your blog!

Rudy
The dog with a blog


Picture of Rudy in a sit-stay by him self.  He's in front of the USNA dorm building.  Which is the biggest dorm building around!


Picture of Rudy on a tie-down chewing on a treat in the hotel room

Picture of Rudy in a stand beside me on a wooden bridge/walk way



Picture of Rudy in a sit-stay in coat


Picture of Rudy looking at a painting on the wall

Picture of Rudy in a down-stay watching the parade - he's using my purse as a pillow


Picture of Rudy's face, watching the parade



Picture of Rudy in sit-stay in coat watching the parade - one group is walking by holding guns and marching
Picture of Rudy in sit-stay in front of some boats
Picture of Rudy in a down-stay sleeping, while we are shopping
Picture of Rudy in a sit-stay in coat beside me, we are in front of a statue at the USNA
Picture of Rudy in a sit-stay in coat beside me, in front of the black dog shop
Rudy sleeping in a shop

Picture of Rudy in the car on his stuffed pillow - resting his head on the seat

Close up picture of Rudy's face



(Movie of Rudy playing with the balloon we were given at the hotel)



(Movie of Rudy watching the band at the parade)


(Movie of Rudy listening to the cannon)

(Movie of Rudy watching the parade - as people march by)

9 comments:

Dexter said...

OMG! I could hardly get momma to read your words before she scrolled frantically down to the photos and then she went all awwww, mushy, what a cute lab on me.

Of course she loves those marching bands and seeing your little pointy head in the bottom of the movie made it that much better. I did not think you would be terribly bothered by the canon, right?

What a great trip and thanks for giving my momma her labrafix.

Slobbers,
Mango

Dexter said...

OMG! I could hardly get momma to read your words before she scrolled frantically down to the photos and then she went all awwww, mushy, what a cute lab on me.

Of course she loves those marching bands and seeing your little pointy head in the bottom of the movie made it that much better. I did not think you would be terribly bothered by the canon, right?

What a great trip and thanks for giving my momma her labrafix.

Slobbers,
Mango

Unknown said...

Hey! You were in Nap-town and we missed you! We live right by there! I hope you got to visit the pet store on State Circle since they have some really yummy treats and LOADS of cool collars.

Kari in Alaska said...

Oh wow it sounds to me like your vacation was very busy and filled with learning!


Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Oskar said...

It looks like such a fun time. It seems like it would be fun to be a service doggie & get to go so many places with your raiser.

Nubbin' wiggles,
Oskar

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

What a pawesome trip!

Since woo were next door to me, did woo see any of my floof there?

It shouldn't take too long fur it to get to Merryland from Pawsylvania!

Woo did furry furry well!

Thanks fur sharing!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Erin said...

Rudy! We wondered where you been all this time!! Looks like had a lots of fun and BOY did you get super tall fast!!!!!!

~ Pompei

Claire M said...

Rudy - Thanks for sharing your adventure. I recognize all the sites as my son graduated in 2008. We have a black lab mix that looks SO like you.

Priceless blog entry!!

mountainbears said...

Really great photos!