About Me

My photo
I am a male yellow Lab. My birth date is September 4th 2011. I am in training to be a guide dog for the blind. (guide dog school -Southeastern Guide Dogs) I'm my raiser's fifth guide dog puppy. She will keep me for (about) 1 year, then I will head off to harness training! Please feel free to follow my blog and keep up with: Brandon's Life... As a guide dog in training

My Furry Friends! (Feel free to join the pack!)

Friday, July 18, 2008

puppy class



Not only did we tour a construction site, but we also practiced "Kennel-in". There was a fast "sit-stand-sit" excercise and we even played a card game. We had to do whatever command was on the next card in the deck.



























I didn't know I still got to go to obedience class even though my trainer was out of the country. I was so excited! And, I really didn't know that my trainer's brother was going to expect me to obey at obedience class either. I needed to show him who was boss, so I pulled and pulled. One of my trainer's friends took over and worked with me some. Then this morning my trainer's brother, who'd evidently gotten some advice on how to handle me, started out my day with some obedience work today. I can obey...if I want to.

5 comments:

Sarah and Shadow said...

Well I'm sure you'll get better with other people handling you!

Sarah and Shadow said...

One more question: Why is everyone wearing constrction worker hats?

Elizabeth and Peyton said...

That sounds like a fun puppy class, but Frankie, you really DO need to listen to your trainer's brother. ;)

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Frankie, I listen to my owner/trainer better than anyone else. And I have the same question as Shadow: why the construction hats?

Anonymous said...

Where we do puppy class every month (at a church)they are building. So the guide dog group decided to bring to puppies out while the building was going on, it would be good for them.

Allie