About Me

My photo
I am a male yellow Lab. My birth date is September 4th 2011. I am in training to be a guide dog for the blind. (guide dog school -Southeastern Guide Dogs) I'm my raiser's fifth guide dog puppy. She will keep me for (about) 1 year, then I will head off to harness training! Please feel free to follow my blog and keep up with: Brandon's Life... As a guide dog in training

My Furry Friends! (Feel free to join the pack!)

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Puppy class

Sorry I haven't been posting in a while! My trainer has been very busy.
I had puppy class last Thursday and on Saturday my trainer took me to the blindfold luncheon,(That will be another post!).
Every week for six weeks I will be doing puppy class. It's kind of like a six week obedience training class, then the last week they give out papers and sometimes prizes... I still have a couple more weeks to go.
But at the last puppy class I found out something. I haven't decided if it's good news or not. My trainer is trading puppies for a week. It was going to be this week but the other family couldn't work it out, so next week I am doing a puppy swap!
My trainer will be getting the Aussie named Otto.
I also found out some really good news- I am NOT getting put out of the progam because of my hips! The school has decided to leave me in the progam and not spay me either, so I still might be a breeder...
Look for pictures at the bottom!


Frankie
Doing obedince training, (my trainer is in
the green shirt, and she is handling Otto)
My trainer is to the right, and I am to the left
(if you didn't realize it they did "puppy switch"
for a little while!).















And here is ME!



After they did some basic training the trainers
got their own dogs back and sat down to listen
to someone talk about the guide dog school's
changes.






4 comments:

Raising Addie said...

Keep up the good work!
Kisses
Addie

Sarah and Shadow said...

Yes! You won't get put out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!! That is soooooooo great! That's pretty cool that Allie get's to trade with an Aussie! I met one at the vet the other day, he was just a little puppy, we played for a little while he was cute!

Shadow

Anonymous said...

Oh, YES!!! That is so great that you won't be put out because of your hips; I remember I was really bummed out when they thought you would! Keep up the good work in puppy class!

Megan and Orleans said...

I used to have a pet Aussie. He was deaf and so much fun. We taught him sign language and he learned it so much faster than I expected. They are certainly smart dogs. You will have so much fun with an Aussie around. :)