About Me

My photo
I am a male yellow Lab. My birth date is September 4th 2011. I am in training to be a guide dog for the blind. (guide dog school -Southeastern Guide Dogs) I'm my raiser's fifth guide dog puppy. She will keep me for (about) 1 year, then I will head off to harness training! Please feel free to follow my blog and keep up with: Brandon's Life... As a guide dog in training

My Furry Friends! (Feel free to join the pack!)

Friday, January 2, 2009

Really needed updates...

Hey guys, I know I have been "posting" on this blog a lot, and I haven't updated you guys very much either!
But I am going to try to make a point to update this blog more!!

This post is just UPDATES, (the next one will have pictures. :)

First off, most of you know that I was in heat in Nov, and had to wear a diaper:(
But after 4 weeks the diaper came off, and I was able to go back to town again. After having to wear that diaper, and not being able to go to town, I thought a LOT of stuff over, and came up with an idea.

I don't have to be a pain to do stuff with (liking going to town, and such). I should be more calm-nice-behaving, but still have a "little" fun.

I have been working on that for quite a while, and I am doing REALLY good, my commands have improved very, very much, I am not near as "wild" (though I still can be a "little" rough when I play...).

I am also working very hard to not be a "run-away dog" (when the door's left open...), and my trainer has been working with me(as in the door is wide open, she gets her sister to run out and act all "excited" and it makes me want to go to). I tried following once, but realizing that I was not allowed to, I then started going to the door and sitting there(with it wide open), but if she put the lead on me and opened the door, I knew I was allowed out. :)

I am doing a lot better when taken into town, and I am much more calm when people pet me, as long as it is not my very best friends from church. :)



Next.

Some of you guys may have noticed on my earlier posts that I have talked about returning to the school (IFT) in January or February.
My trainer Just found out from one of the ladies in charge that it will be April or May 'til I go back to school!!!
They aren't completely sure, but we will be finding out soon, and I haven't been on the list of recall puppies yet:).

My trainer has sent in a repeat puppy application, hoping to get a Aussie, but won't know if there will be any of those available to her. If not she will wait until there is a Goldadore available (Golden cross Lab), but once she finds out anything about this new puppy she will be letting me know so I can put it on the blog.

Walk-A-Thon(WAT),
Remember the post I did about Walk-A-Thon (Click here)? My trainer is going to take me to this event in February. Her goal was to raise $3,500 (it's enough to sponsor and name a puppy). She isn't far at all money wise. She is only up to $55.00; she was really hoping to get more, but at this rate she isn't getting far!!

Go to: http://www.firstgiving.com/allieandfrankie to help her!!

She would love to go up to your door and ask you in person...but most people she knows don't live anywhere near her!! If you don't give any that is fine, but check it out and send this web page to all of your friends!!

Last year (well 2007), she made it over $2000 and some other guide dog people helped and all together made enough to name a puppy!
She would love to do that this year, but with only $55.00 she has a lot more to raise!

New blog.
My trainer is helping the Goose that lives on this farm run a blog. It was just started in December, but only has a couple veiws... The web addres is http://animallifeonafarm.blogspot.com/. Please check out this new blog , and start following it now!!

Thanks, and I will hopefully be doing a post with some pictures on it soon!

Frankie

2 comments:

Elizabeth and Peyton said...

Hope you can raise enough money to sponsor a puppy! That would be awesome.

Maddie said...

Hi,
I really like your blog! I have a question. How do you get it to say "barks" instead of comments and what does your horse look like?
Frankie is REALLY cute!