About Me

My photo
I am a male yellow Lab. My birth date is September 4th 2011. I am in training to be a guide dog for the blind. (guide dog school -Southeastern Guide Dogs) I'm my raiser's fifth guide dog puppy. She will keep me for (about) 1 year, then I will head off to harness training! Please feel free to follow my blog and keep up with: Brandon's Life... As a guide dog in training

My Furry Friends! (Feel free to join the pack!)

Monday, August 30, 2010

Working Rudy

(Written by Rudy's Raiser)
Rudy is doing so well in his training, I decided to let him show you a couple movies of a few easy commands he knows.
Just so you can see what he's been up to lately! (and to make up for those farm camp pictures... that got deleted!)
So enjoy the movies - please note Rudy thought it was play time, so he wasn't to "perfect" in a couple ones!!
The following movies are all very basic commands - and are focusing only on - "down", "sit", "stay", "come", "go get it", "give", and "leave-it". Most were taken inside the house - but 2 are at Zumba class (at the YMCA)

**Upcoming obedience movies of him working in coat on leash - very soon!**

Rudy's Raiser

The human that has a dog with a blog



(Movie of Rudy doing a "sit", "down-stay", "leave-it" to a stuffed animal, then a "come" - still ignoring the stuffed animal)



(Movie of Rudy in a "down-stay" at Zumba class in the YMCA last week. You can see people dancing/moving in front of him)


(movie of Rudy in a "down-stay" at Zumba class in the YMCA last week. The camera was sitting down so it isn't too shaky! You can see people behind him doing Zumba - the only reason he's in a different spot then the last zumba video - is he was "out" of the camera being so close up... so I moved him a little for the movie!)



(Movie of Rudy doing a "come", "sit-stay", "leave-it", and "go get it". In the movie he comes running to me - before going to pick up the toy (which I gave him permission to do) - and it looks as if he may have jumped on me... but really he was so excited - he just ran to me - and did some tight little circle - than ran and grabbed the toy!)

(Movie of Rudy doing a "down-stay", "leave-it", "come", then a "go get it". He did it so well - and knows I was very proud of him!)

(Movie of Rudy in a down chewing on a bone - I use the "give" command, put him in a "stay", throw the toy... then tell him "go get it". He runs after the toy - so cute!)

10 comments:

Dexter said...

Rudy! Can you come and teach stupid PeeWee how to down stay? Seriously, dude, you are amazing! You look so calm and I know you are full of action labrajuice.

Slobbers,
Mango

Clive said...

Rudy

We are madly impressed! You are brillant!

take care
Clive and Murray

Doris Sturm said...

What a smart dog Rudy is. I am very impressed, especially how calm he remains with all that commotion in the back ground - this must be one of the hardest parts for dogs to endure all the noise we people tend to make - they have very sensitive ears! (and so do I - I often wondered if I was part dog LOL)

Kari in Alaska said...

He is sure smart and getting big fast!

♥ Sallie said...

Great videos!

Oskar said...

Wow Rudy is so talented! What a wonderful thing you are doing training him!

Nubbin' wiggles,
Oskar

Two French Bulldogs said...

You are the man Rudy....Good job! Keep up the good work
Benny & Lily

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Great Job Rudy!

It is just amazing to see woo STAY with all that stuff going on around woo!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

V.L. Locey said...

Way to go Rudy!!! We wish our dogs listened half as well!

Lu-Lu & Lucius

Rascal's Trainer said...

Love the videos. I wish I could some for Rascal. I guess I'll have to look into that.