About Me

My photo
I am a male yellow Lab. My birth date is September 4th 2011. I am in training to be a guide dog for the blind. (guide dog school -Southeastern Guide Dogs) I'm my raiser's fifth guide dog puppy. She will keep me for (about) 1 year, then I will head off to harness training! Please feel free to follow my blog and keep up with: Brandon's Life... As a guide dog in training

My Furry Friends! (Feel free to join the pack!)

Friday, September 28, 2012

Harness Every Moment

Time sure is flying by quickly... I head back IFT (In For Training) in 2 weeks!
My raiser introduced me to the guide dog harness a few weeks ago, and I feel like such a grown up while wearing it :) 
I can't believe that I'll be leaving soon, I'm really going to miss you guys!
My raiser's Fall classes started in mid-August, and boy have I been enjoying attending those with her.
She has quite a busy class schedule, and it helps to keep my life interesting.
I feel like I've been such a slacker when it comes to posting... and I've realized how many exciting things have gone on in my life that I never had a chance to post about.
I think I'm going to "assign" my raiser to dig up all the random pictures taken of me over the last year... and post them once I'm gone; keeping you guys occupied with lots of "never before seen" pictures of me :)

My raiser has started to fill out the "Final Evaluation" (which will be turned in when I head back IFT), and she's starting to realize all the "little things" she still needs to work on with me... I guess I'm going to have a very busy 2 weeks!
Enjoy the pictures below of the puppy meeting last week,

-Brandon

Picture of  Brandon in harness at puppy class doing a "forward walk"

Picture of Brandon in a down-stay beside me

Picture of Brandon in a sit-stay in front of me

Picture of Brandon in a stand-stay 

Picture of Brandon in another stand-stay going up against the other dogs for the "Puppy Olympic" gold medal...

Picture of myself blindfolded and trying to take Brandon's harness off (then count to  10 - and put it back on)

Picture of  me still blindfolded, and now succeeding at putting the harness back on

Success! Picture of Brandon in a stand-stay beside me and his harness is on correctly! 

11 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

You look like a pro sweetie
Benny & Lily

Oskar said...

I know that you are going to be a fantastic job!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

How Sam Sees It said...

We will miss you, Brandon! Your puppy raiser did an awesome job with you!

Sam

Milliscent Morgan said...

I love this blog for giving such a great information like the post of dog trainers Manchester.

Animal6786 said...

I found your blog when I was looking for a different sort of information but I was very happy and glad to read through your blog. The information available here is great. . I know something information, to know you can click here
sunshine coast Pet Grooming
sunshine coast Boarding Kennels

petresort322 said...

Nice information! I am intimidated by the excellence of information. There are a lot of high-quality funds here. I am sure I will visit this site again soon.
I know something information,to know you can click here
pet resort sunshine coast
kennels sunshine coast

Unknown said...

Great post! Bringing home a new dog, whether it’s a puppy or an adult, is like bringing home a new baby – you need to be prepared, and you need supplies. So, I was looking for articles on buying dog accessories and then I came across yours inspiring read. Thanks!

James said...

I like that type Training School for pets. I have also provide Memphis dog training. so i love pets. Dog training school trained dog for many task.

Unknown said...

Thanks for compiling the tips here! It's a pain to train your dog, but it's so worth it in the end. It's so embarrassing when my dog does something that scares or offends a guest, especially when I know it's something I should be Houston Dog Training her not to do..

Unknown said...

Very informative post, these are the Dog Training Henderson needed to have a desirable dog habits and behaviors. I have a dog, a terrier, and currently, I'm training him to use toilet and he is on his way to mastery of dog obedience skills.

Unknown said...

You trainers are just so wonderful and do a fantastic job!

I have just retired and my replacement, Teddy, is in the process of qualifying with my new owner. Please take a look at his blog, where he is sharing updates of this qualifying period - and all the intensive work this entails!

His blog is Teddy Tales

Guide Dog Oakley (Retired)