About Me

My photo
I am a male yellow Lab. My birth date is September 4th 2011. I am in training to be a guide dog for the blind. (guide dog school -Southeastern Guide Dogs) I'm my raiser's fifth guide dog puppy. She will keep me for (about) 1 year, then I will head off to harness training! Please feel free to follow my blog and keep up with: Brandon's Life... As a guide dog in training

My Furry Friends! (Feel free to join the pack!)

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bark in the Park

My raiser & I attended the "Bark in the Park" (a very fun dog festival) as our guide dog group had a booth - and wanted some puppy raisers to be there to hand out SEGDI information.
My raiser & I stayed at the table for a little while, then she took me to walk around the festival. Most booths were selling either dog treats/dog toys (to raise money for dog rescues/such) - but I also found out, that almost every booth was giving away FREE samples too :)
My raiser said this event was one of the best exposures I can ever get (any other human at this event - had a dog... and I'm "somewhat" dog distracted). But my raiser said I did very well there, and (once I calmed down) I was even able to meet some other doggies.
My raiser & I also got to watch "Kyra Sundance" & her dog "Jadie" perform a live acrobatic show, which was very exciting!
I sure had lots of fun, enjoy the pictures below!

Rudy - The dog with a blog


Picture of Rudy & I beside the Bark in the Park sign
Picture of Rudy, Lexie (another guide dog puppy), I & Lexie's puppy raiser in front of our SEGDI booth

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like it was a fun day in the park. I hope other people learned all about your organization!
Cairn cuddles, Oz

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

Great way to spread the word. Looks like a fun day!

Corbin said...

We have a "bark at the park" with one of the local AA baseball teams coming up! So much fun!
-Corbin

Amber-Mae said...

Sounds like it was a super fun event! I hope you had a great time.

Kapitein Haakje said...

fun!!!


Kissslobbers
El'bow & Hauwii

Dexter said...

Rudy! I am having the happy sad every time I see you now because I know you will be leaving on your big adventure soon.

Slobbers,
Mango

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

How khool woo got to spread the word and some of your Labra furs too!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Suka said...

hey Rudy,

What a pawsome event! Sounds like you had lots of fun! I am so furry happy you were able to meet other pups and to help your organization. I bet Kyra Sundance and Jadie were very cool to watch!

Suka

p.s. Free samples are always good!

Two French Bulldogs said...

what a great event..
Snuggles and snorts,
Benny & Lily

Clive said...

What a great day out and well done for doing so well!

take care
Clive and Murray

Scooter said...

Hey Rudy
Looks like a great day in the park. HOpe everyone learned tons!!

wags
Jazzi

Becky said...

What a lot of fun! Wish we had those kind of events where we live!