About Me

My photo
I am a male yellow Lab. My birth date is September 4th 2011. I am in training to be a guide dog for the blind. (guide dog school -Southeastern Guide Dogs) I'm my raiser's fifth guide dog puppy. She will keep me for (about) 1 year, then I will head off to harness training! Please feel free to follow my blog and keep up with: Brandon's Life... As a guide dog in training

My Furry Friends! (Feel free to join the pack!)

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

New Plan

*(Written by Rudy's Raiser)*
It's almost like Rudy and I have been riding a 'IFT roller coaster'...
First off, we thought Rudy would be heading IFT ('In For Training' - back to the guide dog school for further training) June 13-18. We found out a week ago, that the IFT date was moved, and is know set for June 4th.
Not only is that 2 weeks sooner, but I also won't be able to make it - so I was just planning on another raiser taking Rudy down for us.
Plans have changed again though, and Rudy will now be leaving on May 29th/30th. But there is only one reason for that... so I can take him back.
So though Rudy is heading IFT even earlier, I will be taking him back myself - instead of another raiser dropping him off for me.

Rudy has a lot of "saying goodbyes" to do before he leaves, and 1 week from this coming Sunday... we will be on our way to the guide dog school in FL to drop him off.

I'm excited to have a dog at the guide dog school, so I can follow along with his training/report cards - but I'm not looking forward to giving Rudy up, and I know that day will be filled with many tears of sadness...
Rudy's Raiser

22 comments:

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! Sad n good in a way. Wishing Rudy lots of Golden Luck. You've done a wonderful job. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

pam said...

I'm glad there are people that can do what you do. I am not one of them. Good Luck.

Lola and also Franklin, too said...

Boy, that went fast. Or so it seems from here. You are something else to be able to do this. I hope that Rudy is a HUGE success at college. I'm sure he will be.

houndstooth said...

Oh my goodness! Has it been a year already? Rudy, we're going to miss you, and we wish you the very best in the future!

Bunny

rottrover said...

RUDY!! So soon?? Dude. We're gonna miss you and we are very proud of you.

-Gizmo, Bart and Ruby

The Daily Pip said...

Oh gosh, that is soon! I can't imagine all the emotions you are feeling ... I know Rudy will be a HUGE success, but we will miss him!

Your pal, Pip

FANCY the Red Standard Poodle said...

Hi Y'all,

We're so glad you'll get to take Rudy back...but we're also sad he's leaving...we know he'll be a huge success! and make you VERY proud.

Y'all come by now,
Hawk aka BrownDog

Oskar said...

What a hard time, but I'm glad you get to take him back yourself.

Hugs & nubbin wiggles,
Oskar & Pam

Suka said...

What sad news! It is too soon! Rudy, we are really going to miss you! You are such a beautiful dog, and you always bring a smile to our faces!

We are very happy that your Raiser will be able to take you to your new school. I am sure it will help with the transition. But we know tears will be flowing. It makes us sad thinking about it. But Rudy, we know you will rock!

Wishing you both that your last days together are filled with amazing times and wonderful memories!

Suka and K

Two French Bulldogs said...

You have a very rewarding yet difficult job
Benny & Lily

Erin said...

Ack This year went by sooo fast!!!

Scooter said...

That is really soon and yes you will be sad but then he will be able to help others that need help. You do a great job raising the dogs and I commend you on that. Our best wishes to Rudy and we know that he will do a great job and will make you proud!!We will miss him too!!

Love and wags
Jazzi

Amanda said...

I understand since Kyle's recall was last Saturday. Of course, we were blessed with 2.5 extra months instead of the diminishing time you have had. It sounds like Rudy is ready for the adventures of formal training. Good luck!

Just Jess for now said...

Oh, so bitter sweet. I have just met you and Rudy and so it does seem very fast.
Thank you for what you do from a guide dog handler. You may not have raised any of my partners, but what you are doing is so amazing.
Good luck Rudy.

Raiser Erin said...

As Rocco heads for his formal training this Sunday I know how you feel. You've done such a great job with Rudy and I know he's going to do great.

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

RUDY... I am sooooo very much glad that your Raiser will be able to take you to the next chapter of your life. It will be very much sad.. and yet truly a HAPPY and PROUD time fur you BOTH.

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

Kind of a "good news--bad news" kind of thing. You're happy to see him move on to what he's being trained to do, but he'll leave a big hole in your heart at the same time.

Amber-Mae said...

I'm sure there's going to be lots of tears on the day he gets dropped off. We all are going to miss him. We hope to get update pictures of him at the school.

Nubbin' Tails said...

It's great that he is heading off to learn more wonderful stuff. But so hard to let go!

You are amazing for what you do. I have a friend that wants me to foster..but knows there is good chance they would come and never leave!

Good luck to you and Rudy!

Mr. Nubbin's Mom

MySpecialDoggies said...

Here's wishing Rudy lots of luck! Can't believe that it's been a year already.

Woofs
Nadine & Neeli

myplan said...

I really enjoyed Rudys' blog. Stick with it Rudy.
<a href="http://new-dog-training-secrets.com> </a>

Anonymous said...

Rudy has an important job to do and just as if he was a human kid, the day comes when you have to trust that you did your job well and send him off to make his way in the world. He will do great things.

We'll be here to give virtual hugs as often as you need them.