About Me

My photo
I am a male yellow Lab. My birth date is September 4th 2011. I am in training to be a guide dog for the blind. (guide dog school -Southeastern Guide Dogs) I'm my raiser's fifth guide dog puppy. She will keep me for (about) 1 year, then I will head off to harness training! Please feel free to follow my blog and keep up with: Brandon's Life... As a guide dog in training

My Furry Friends! (Feel free to join the pack!)

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Traffic Walk

Hey furry friends!
One of my latest puppy meetings was a "traffic walk" & "grocery store" exposure.
With us guide dogs, we all have to "enjoy" walking along side heavy traffic, without getting distracted.
Not only do I enjoy walks, but heavy traffic has never bothered me - so it was a furry fun meeting fur sure!
We did do a quick puppy swap during the meeting, so I was with another raiser during some of our traffic walk, and while inside the grocery store.
I have ONE last puppy meeting before I head back to school for IFT, and I'll be sure to post lots of pictures of it :)
Enjoy the photos/movie below!

Rudy - The dog with a blog
Picture of Rudy in coat/harness in a sit-stay beside me, you can see traffic behind us

Picture of Rudy in coat/harness crossing a 'crosswalk' with me

Picture of Rudy in coat/harness doing a forward walk with me
Rudy with another raiser (all raiser's did a quick "swap")
Picture of Rudy in coat/harness doing a forward walk beside the traffic with another puppy raiser (we all did a 'quick


(Movie of Rudy in a sit-stay beside the loud traffic - and then I tell him "Forward" and we start walking)

11 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

You look like a pro out there.
Benny & Lily

Sierra Rose said...

Great work Rudy!! I get spooked easily in those noisy busy areas. You make it look so easy! Well done my friend :)

Sweet hugs,
Sierra Rose

FANCY the Red Standard Poodle said...

Hi Y'all,

Wow, Rudy, that's really close to traffic. My Human won't let me get close to traffic if she can help it. 'course I'm not goin' to do your kinda work anytime soon.

You look like your really enjoyin' yourself, Rudy.

Hawk aka BrownDog

Oskar said...

What a champion dog you are Rudy!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

Wow...all da dogs look pawsome! Especially Rudy!

Scooter said...

You look terrific out there. You will make an excellent dog for somebody!!

wags
Jazzi

Dexter said...

Hey Rudy! Did I tell you there was a service dog in my agility school? Sometimes one of the mom's who isn't his does his runs with him because when he runs with his mom he is kind of reluctant to get too far from her.

I am treasuring every photo and video of you because I know you are going to your next big thing very soon.

Kisses,
Dexter

Unknown said...

I have the same rules too for crossing the streets and walking near traffic, even though am not training as a service doggie - but I always have to wait at curbs until my humans say I can cross. My commandds are "Wait" and "OK!" - I've been doing it for so long now, I just pause & go into a Wait by myself when I approach a curb!

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

Clive said...

Well done Rudy, we love watching you working.

take care
Clive and Murray

Suka said...

hey Rudy,

Excellent job! You look so handsome out there, and you seem to be learning everything so quickly! Traffic can be scary, so good job!

Suka

Amber-Mae said...

Very good, Rudy. You are stable & that's very important.