About Me

My photo
I am a male yellow Lab. My birth date is September 4th 2011. I am in training to be a guide dog for the blind. (guide dog school -Southeastern Guide Dogs) I'm my raiser's fifth guide dog puppy. She will keep me for (about) 1 year, then I will head off to harness training! Please feel free to follow my blog and keep up with: Brandon's Life... As a guide dog in training

My Furry Friends! (Feel free to join the pack!)

Friday, August 1, 2008

Work

I hear that word everyday it seems like. I know they use it when they take me to town, and when I go to puppy class, but both of those are fun. I know what "fun" is! And puppy class is like a big ol' party. Sure, the trainers make us perform and do this command and that, but work?

Well this week I got to go see "work" for myself. My trainer's dad took me to his office with him 3 days in a row. He had a new crate there in his office and he took my dog bed(at home I have to share it with the big house dog, but she never does give me a turn). Dad put me in his office, and didn't even put on my official puppy coat. I knew this wasn't home, I'd been here before with my trainer. Dad closed the door to his office and just let me wander around for a bit. It was really interesting, like the living room at home but with rolls of paper everywhere. I was on my best behavior; if he didn't notice me he might not remember to put my coat on. I just walked around quietly and checked out all the stuff...lots of stuff. Then I went into the crate, I mean that's what it's there for right? I layed down in the crate on my comfy bed and waited. But he didn't come close the door. After awhile I ever so slowly came back out, walked around the room, layed down and played with a toy Dad had brought with him. I was very good all day and Dad never remembered to put on my coat. But when he would leave the room for a conference he'd put me in the crate. I couldn't complain, he'd been so nice already to let me stay out so long.
It wasn't just a small nap that I took in the crate and then Dad was back. The next day we did the same thing. And when Dad had a conference he'd take me out to do "busy" then I'd go in my crate. I dont' know if Dad had forgotten my name or what, but people kept coming by Dad's office and asking why he called me different unflattering names. They said that I was a perfect angel. Dad acted surprised both of the first two days at how good I behaved.
The third day Dad was going to show me what a conference was. He seemed really nervous about it. We had to drive 2 hours away for a meeting in a big room that would last all afternoon. I wanted Dad to be proud of me so I tried really hard. I had to wear my coat and I just sat down under the big table. I sat there and waited...and waited...and waited.
Then a moth flew by. That must be my signal to go check on Dad. He must've forgotten that he left me here. I tried to follow the moth, you know like Alice followed the rabbit in that play my trainer took me to. Well, Dad hadn't forgotten me and he let me know that real quick when I jumped up and ran after the moth. I sat back down and got comfortable. I think all the other dad type people in the room forgave me. They all complimented him on how well behaved I was. Him!? What about me? I'm the one that had to work so hard to behave for sooo long and they praise him?!
Anyway, now I know what "work" is. I like "fun" better!

Frankie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! It's weird, some humans don't get the meaning of the word fun! Lol

Sarah and Shadow said...

Work sounds like a lot of fun!