About Me

My photo
I am a male yellow Lab. My birth date is September 4th 2011. I am in training to be a guide dog for the blind. (guide dog school -Southeastern Guide Dogs) I'm my raiser's fifth guide dog puppy. She will keep me for (about) 1 year, then I will head off to harness training! Please feel free to follow my blog and keep up with: Brandon's Life... As a guide dog in training

My Furry Friends! (Feel free to join the pack!)

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Did you say PUPPY?!?

(Toby sitting in coat looking at camera) Toby looking straight at camera with a blown up snowman figure behind him

We just had our annual guide dog Christmas party yesterday (Saturday), and I got to meet the 5 new members to our group!!

Our newest members are...
"Angel" A cute yellow female lab (the only yellow lab in the litter!!).
"Bingo" A adorable little female black lab
"Cindy Jae" A pretty little female black lab (being raised with a first time puppy raiser)

"Elsa" A wonderfully cute female black lab (being raised with a first time puppy raiser). And

"Sparkie" A handsome little male black lab.

With these 5 new puppies, we have 2 new raisers in our group!!
When we arrived at the party, the older dogs all got the meet the new "additions". After some greeting and talking, we started some basic obedience.

With 5 new little puppies our class was quite crowded, but the puppies were great distractions for us older dogs! I did great with all my commands, and pretty soon we sat down to eat.

We had door prizes to hand out, and my trainer gave our area coordinator a gift (see picture below), it is a bar of goat milk soap my trainer made, with a cute lab puppy laying down.
I was given some gifts, but my trainer tells me the toys will be put in my stocking for Christmas.

We "tried" to get a group picture, but I am in the far left corner- and you can barely see my head!
They even had a dog cake there- which my trainer took a chance and let me have piece! (becuase of my eye issues she doesn't let me have much new stuff!).
I had a lot of fun, and even got an award for having the most "adventurous outings"!
Enjoy all the photos, and I hope you like the post, (sorry the pictures aren't in order- and I bet the words will not be placed perfectly over them either!!).


Toby
The dog with a blog



A bar of goat milk soap my trainer made!








Group photo










Angel



Me sitting in coat

















Me sitting in front of a big snowman (not real)








Me eating my cake!












Dog cake







Me kissing "Tillie"





Me & Tillie





My award & gift





Obedience





Enjoying myself!
(sprawled out on the floor)
















Me & Sparkie





Bingo (I think!)











7 comments:

Ms. ~K said...

Toby is Labr-adorable!

Lisa and pups said...

aw - sounds like a great party!

Sonic said...

Wow that's a lot of big dogs there! And the cake looks really yummy!!!

Sonic

bbes tribe said...

Sounds like a fun party. Little labs--- so cute! Toby you are one handsome pup and that Tillie - good kisser huh??
Tailwags
Ernie & Sasha

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I would have loved to have khrashed that pawty!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

mariahleadme said...

Yeah....its hard to still say "puppy" when they get as big as they do.
Our "pup" Wally is already 60 lbs at 8 months.....and is taller, longer and heavier than my wifes working Guide Roanna.....who is 5 years old!

Dexter said...

While momma makes mushy sounds over those baby labradorks, I am totally drooling over Miss Liberty! WOW!

Slobbers,
Mango