About Me

My photo
I am a male yellow Lab. My birth date is September 4th 2011. I am in training to be a guide dog for the blind. (guide dog school -Southeastern Guide Dogs) I'm my raiser's fifth guide dog puppy. She will keep me for (about) 1 year, then I will head off to harness training! Please feel free to follow my blog and keep up with: Brandon's Life... As a guide dog in training

My Furry Friends! (Feel free to join the pack!)

Monday, February 8, 2010

A bookie adventure

Because of all this weather some of our guide dog meetings have been canceled, so we were given an "assignment" for this week. (visit your local library, meet some children, read some books, let children read books to the dog)
My Raiser & I have gotten "half" of this done.
She has taken me to the library and I did meet some children.

She does hopes that in the next couple days I will be able to attend a "story time" (where a bunch of "youngsters" gather to be told a story).

Please enjoy the bookie pictures of me below,
Have a great Monday!

Toby
The dog with a blog






(Black/white picture of Toby in a down-stay, mostly centered around his face/front legs, you can see 2 "doggie" books sitting on his front legs & he is wearing his guide dog coat/harness)





(Black/white picture of Toby's face, his head is laying on a page from "Henry & Mudge", his lead rope is visible in the picture)













(Black/white picture of Toby's front feet on a page from "Henry & Mudge", Toby's head is laying off of the page and he's sleeping)





(Color picture of Toby in a sit-stay, behind him are shelves full of books; he is in coat/ harness)

7 comments:

Kari in Alaska said...

awww I love Henry and Mudge! I read them all as a youngster

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I know the both of woo will be a hit!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Clive said...

Toby

We loved the photos of you in the bookshop!

take care
Clive and the NSLM

Dexter said...

Toby! There is a wonderful book all about a mastiff name Truman! I wonder if you can find that at your library. You look very official in all your gear. It can be difficult to get along with human pups. I see that you are a patient dog.

Slobbers,
Mango

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

What a fun assignment!!

Smileys!
Dory

Ruby's Raiser said...

Aw, what a clever boy! Over here, my muddy buddies like Harry, The Dirty Dog. :)

CD McLean said...

Excellent assignment. As a librarian, I approve! I need to take Bingo down to the lower division library and let the little kids read to him. He's not as relaxed you are.