About Me

My photo
I am a male yellow Lab. My birth date is September 4th 2011. I am in training to be a guide dog for the blind. (guide dog school -Southeastern Guide Dogs) I'm my raiser's fifth guide dog puppy. She will keep me for (about) 1 year, then I will head off to harness training! Please feel free to follow my blog and keep up with: Brandon's Life... As a guide dog in training

My Furry Friends! (Feel free to join the pack!)

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Fresh Air

Fresh air is wonderful!
With this amazing weather outside, Rudy's Raiser has been taking me on lots of furry fun walks. (Not only to visit with animals - but down the road too!).

On our last trip down the road, I got a whole new FUN exposure... walking beside a stroller - with a baby in it! (A family member was baby sitting).
She was soo cute, but I did very well at ignoring her while we walked down the road... though I did want to give her lots of kisses :)
Rudy's Raiser thinks I'm doing much better with not pulling (as you can see in the video clips below), and she really enjoyed taking me on the walk.
She did decide to walk me in harness most of the time (I did get to do a "fun walk" - out of harness for a little while), as she wanted me to work "both styles" (in/out of harness) and I needed some more exposure with the harness.
All in all, she said I behaved very well - she did take some pictures (see below) that I hope you enjoy :)
Have a wonderful Thursday!

Al - Rudy's Brother

P.S. Rudy comes home THIS Saturday... which is when his Valentine's Giveaway ends - so make sure to stop by and enter!




Picture of Al in harness in a stand-stay beside the stroller & baby. My sister is holding him

Picture of Al in harness walking beside the baby stroller (I'm walking him - my sister is pushing the stroller)


Rudy's Raiser working me...

(Movie of Al & I walking down the road, Al is in harness walking beside me. We are walking away from the camera, but I then tell Al "Right about" and we then walk toward the camera - Al does very well at not pulling)



(Movie of Al (in harness) & I walking beside the baby stroller my sister is pushing - Al ignores both the stroller & baby)

19 comments:

Jess the Dog Shopper said...

Al looks like he's coming along nicely! Cassie would have spent the whole trip trying to kiss the baby! It's been a lot of fun having Al around, but I bet you can't wait to see Rudy! Saturday will be here soon!

Road Dog Tales said...

Al - you are doing great, buddy! We're so impressed with your skills!

The Road Dogs

Majbrit said...

Good work, Al - and Rudy's Raiser ;-)
Playbow from Fifty

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Congrats, great work and great exposure for Al to be with the baby.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Oskar said...

Al, you are doing a great job!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

houndstooth said...

Al, you're looking really good there! Babies are great -- they're always dropping good stuff!

Bunny

Pepsi the Lazy Bum said...

Keep close to the baby, Al. They have LOTS of foodables! Great work, too :)

Woofs,
Pepsi

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

I bets it was hard to ignore da baby. I would have been givin' kisses all over da place!

Chewy said...

fresh air is always a good thing! al is working so hard and it is paying off!

Chewy

Two French Bulldogs said...

Walks and fresh air the best!! Purrty soon Rudy will be home
Benny & Lily

Two French Bulldogs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bailey Be Good! said...

Lookin' good, Al! :)

Woofs & hugs *while I wait not-so-patiently for my webhosting company to fix my site!*

~Bailey

Maxmom said...

Well done on all your wonderful work. I'm sure you can't wait for Rudy's return.
Sending lotsaluv
MAXMOM IN SOUTH AFRICA

betty said...

thanks for visiting our blog (a corgi in Southern California) and your prayers, so very much appreciated!

What a wonderful thing you do training guide dogs!! I bet it is a very rewarding thing to do, but I bet you miss them when they leave you to go on to do their "work"

good for the walk going so well today!

betty

Dexter said...

Hehehe. I love the way your little bottom swings out when you are supposed to stop and sit. Just like peewee. The stroller walk is not easy because those contraptions make scary sounds. You are doing most excellent work there.

Slobbers,
Mango

Fr. Tom Fish said...

I'd want to give the baby kisses, too (or nosetaps).

Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hello!

Tom
xoxo

Bindi said...

Great work, Al! I'm really impressed. I'm still working on just walking on a regular leash... I'd rather just run wild. Haha!

Thanks for following my blog! I will follow yours too, and will definitely come back by soon! I love making new furiends!

xoxo Bindi!

Unknown said...

Well done, Al!
Fresh air is good and it's what we need everyday. I'm so happy that you'd a good walk with Rudy's raiser.
The baby was adorable!

vanessa said...

Rudy's Raiser... how cute.. I love how he post beside the baby and took picture.

Dog Training Guide