About Me

My photo
I am a male yellow Lab. My birth date is September 4th 2011. I am in training to be a guide dog for the blind. (guide dog school -Southeastern Guide Dogs) I'm my raiser's fifth guide dog puppy. She will keep me for (about) 1 year, then I will head off to harness training! Please feel free to follow my blog and keep up with: Brandon's Life... As a guide dog in training

My Furry Friends! (Feel free to join the pack!)

Friday, November 11, 2011

Rudy's Fifth Report Card - LAST PHASE!! (also - Meet Hunter)

I have just received Rudy's fifth report card this afternoon... and found out some exciting news...
Rudy has now moved into PHASE THREE (polishing & blindfold walks). Which is the last phase of training down at the school.
He still has lots more to learn; but I'm so glad to hear he's in his last phase of training!
Seems like Rudy is still working on a few things; see the comment from his trainer: "Ok we are still working on some things. Still wayyy to excited coming out of the gate. We are also working on slowing him down a little. Longer routes don’t faze Rudy one little bit. We went to the marina in Sarasota. “No Rudy you can’t swim with the fish.” Tampa this month, not too crazy about the big city. Rudy – “Revolving doors, are you serious?” He didn’t like those, not too happy with the narrow escalators either."
Wow, doesn't that sounds just like a lab?
The best of luck to Rudy; and to make this post even better... the raiser that picked Brandon up for me; also stopped by the training kennel and snapped a quick photo of my "energetic" boy...
And of course... the wonderful report card!
Before I end this post (yep, I'm gonna make it even longer!); I would like you to meet Hunter
During the week of November 7-11 (yes - I waited till the last day to participate!), Mayzie is going to be honoring her Grampa J that passed away earlier this year by having "Rescue Me Week". For everyone that participates in this event will have the opportunity to win $100 which will be donated to your favorite rescue (shelter). Mayzie will be having a drawing the following week and 5 different blogs will win. That's $500 going to help homeless pets!!
When I happened upon Hunter, I decided he was the perfect dog to feature in this post... Not only because he was a black Lab mix (same as Rudy) BUT he's also got a little issue with being "energetic" (sound like someone we know?).
Hunter is about a year & a half old Labrador mix. He needs a family that will be able to handle all of his wonderful energy. He likes to run around and when it's time to come inside, he runs straight to his crate and gets in without running off. Hunter is neutered, vaccinated, microchipped, and on heartworm preventative.
I do hope Hunter is able to find that perfect home, he sounds like a wonderful boy & reminds me so much of Rudy.
Thank you for taking the time to read my lengthy post!!
Brandon's Raiser

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Rudy (and you!)

Hunter sounds like a great pet for someone. There are just way too many dogs that need homes:(

Suka said...

Congratulations to Rudy! Super news! And Rudy looks so handsome in the picture! He is such a good boy! Wishing you lots of luck, Rudy, during your final phases of training!

Hunter is a beauty! My paws are crossed that he finds a wonderful and loving forever home, and quickly before the holidays. And thank you for showcasing him. You have a big heart, and Mayzie is amazing to put on this event. :->

Suka

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Good news on Rudy!!!

Hope Hunter finds a good forever home!!

Two French Bulldogs said...

congratuations Rudy!!!!!
Benny & Lily

Anonymous said...

YAY for Rudy! What a clever, wonderful boy he is! You sure did a good job getting him ready for his Most Impawtant job.

And Hunter is very much handsome and sweet. My paws are crossed that he finds his Most Perfect Home That Ever Was real, real soon! Thank you, thank you for pawticipating in Rescue Me Week and telling us abouts Hunter!

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

The Daily Pip said...

Hurray for Rudy!

Your pal, Pip

Maxmom said...

Hi there...
I left such a long comment and then in didn't go through (sigh)..
I wanted to say that I admire your dedicated work. It's wonderful to see Rudy's progress. He looks such a sweet boy. I am sure that Brandon too is going to come off with flying colours.
My friend - Lorraine - is waiting her next pup, who is now 3 weeks old - also a black lab.
I am in awe of puppy-walkers! You guys do simply amazing work.
Sending lotsaluv
MAXMOM IN SA

Pat Wahler said...

Yay for Rudy! He's going to be a wonderful guide dog.

Pat
Critter Alley

Dog Foster Mom said...

Congratulations on the great news on Rudy! And Brandon is adorable. I don't know how you're able to resist spoiling him rotten! :-)

Brian's Home Blog said...

Way to go Rudy!!! That Hunter is a beaty and we are purring for a wonderful forever home!

Dexter said...

Hunter is the perfect dog for a family with rough and tumble kids. I hope he finds one soon.

As for Mr. Rudy. Is that mud on his feet in the photo? Hmmm.... energetic lab wants to swim. Never heard that one before.

Slobbers,
Mango

Maggie Mae and Max said...

YaY fur my furiend Rudy! We is all so very happy dat him is doin' so well in school. :) My paws is crossed fur Hunter and I hopes him finds his furever home soon.

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

Elaine Pritchard said...

Thanks for spotlighting lovely Hunter! Glad to hear an update about Rudy.

Love and licks, Winnie

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Khongrats to all!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Dachshund Nola said...

Congrats Rudy!!! Good job, have a great weekend.
Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

Fr. Tom Fish said...

We think energetic is good! But, we know what you mean. Rudy, congratulations to you for such a great report card and Hunter, you handsome boy (Julie's words), it's so nice to meet you!

Purrs,
Tom
xoxo

Martine said...

Hi There, I haven't visited in a while and it's great to visit and see a post/update about Rudy!! Go Rudy!!

FANCY the Red Standard Poodle said...

Hi Y'all,

Hurrah for Rudy! He'll be paired with some active younger person who likes to walk quickly.

I'll keep my paws crossed for Hunter!

Y'all come by now,
Hawk aka BrownDog

Ms. ~K said...

Wrooo wrooo for Rudy!!!

Kippy Marrie said...

Olá Brandon... Acho voce muito fofo. Sou sua SEGUIDORA. Ficarei feliz se vier me conhecer e seguir meu blog também (JOIN THIS SITE MY BLOG - MEMBERS MY BLOG).
Te espero com alegria.
Aus da amiguinha do Brasil ...

KIPPY

♥ Sallie said...

Awesome!!

Hugs,