About Me

My photo
I am a male yellow Lab. My birth date is September 4th 2011. I am in training to be a guide dog for the blind. (guide dog school -Southeastern Guide Dogs) I'm my raiser's fifth guide dog puppy. She will keep me for (about) 1 year, then I will head off to harness training! Please feel free to follow my blog and keep up with: Brandon's Life... As a guide dog in training

My Furry Friends! (Feel free to join the pack!)

Monday, September 20, 2010

Fun at a Puppy Meeting

Hey furry friends!
I had such a fun time at the puppy meeting last Saturday. We got to ride on a lynx light rail all the way to down-town. Our puppy group walked around for 30 minutes are so. We stopped to see some water fountains. One place even had steps to walk over the water... but I was a little thirsty... and decided I wanted to take a swim (see movie at the bottom). In the end I was all right :)
It was some great exposure for us dogs. We even had a visitor from a different group. "Laura" is a pretty black lab who is heading down to the school for IFT next month. She joined our group last Saturday and we were happy to have her! (see her below in some pictures - she's the black dog wearing the harness).
After some walking we stopped for a little while to do some obedience work. We worked on "stays" & "recalls". And finished the recall with a "heel" which my raiser said I did soo great!

The 3 newest dogs to the group were at the puppy meeting. Lexie, Charlie S, & Joe were all there; with their cuteness too!

All in all we had a blast, enjoy the pictures (and movie) below.
BTW - if you haven't already please check out the giveaway I'm doing. You could win an awesome new leash & collar! So make sure to check it out!

Furry kisses!

Rudy
The dog with a blog


Picture of Rudy & I behind a water fountain. You can see the water in front of us


Picture of Rudy in a sit-stay beside me. Behind us is a pretty water fountain. You can see the water coming downPicture of 3 dog in our group under a bench doing a down-under. Left to right: Elsa, Charlie S & LauraPicture of our whole puppy group sitting beside the dogs on some stairs. Rudy & I are on the left sidePicture of our group doing obedience. (Sit-stay). Each dog gets called 1 at a time. Sparkie (behind me) is doing the recall first

Picture of Rudy, Sparkie, Sparkie's Raiser & I on a large grate type thing. (exposure for the dogs)


Picture of Rudy doing a Find the stairs
Picture of Rudy in a down-stay on the train
Picture of little Lexie doing a sit-stay in coat
Picture of Rudy in a stand-stay smiling at the camera
(Movie of Rudy & I walking on steps over the water. Rudy wanted a drink... and decided to "try" and get one... he fell in! You see in the movie that he "jumped' in - and I quickly pulled him out!)

11 comments:

Raiser Erin said...

Oh Rudy, don't you know to look before you leap? :)

Such cute pictures! There are times I wish my school would allow us to stick our pups in harness, but oh well.

Keep up the good work Rudy!

Peggy Frezon said...

Looks like you had a great time at the meeting. And getting a drink by jumping in the water is for sure fun!

Sonic said...

Was it so warm that you felt like you needed a swim? I'm not sure if that blue vest will help you float!

Sonic

Erin said...

hahahaha oh Rudy that was funny!!

Kapitein Haakje said...

what a fun:D

Kissslobbers
El'bow & Hauwii

Lola and also Franklin, too said...

Uh oh, Rudy. That was a surprise, huh? It sure looks like a good time overall, though.

lotsa licks, Lola

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Ha!!!

How pawesome!!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Two French Bulldogs said...

Very cool. You both look like pros
Benny & Lily

Doris Sturm said...

So, I take it he was not allowed to go in that water?

Rudy, you are getting so big, but what a wonderful day you had with all your friends. You're doing so well!

Kari in Alaska said...

oh wow it sounds like that was one of the funnest meetings yet!

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Dexter said...

I watched that movie twice. Silly lab. Momma has to do special training with Dexter around the pool to try and teach him not to go in unless she says it is OK, but you know how those water dogs are. I loved Rudy's little ballet move there.

Slobbers,
Mango