About Me

My photo
I am a male yellow Lab. My birth date is September 4th 2011. I am in training to be a guide dog for the blind. (guide dog school -Southeastern Guide Dogs) I'm my raiser's fifth guide dog puppy. She will keep me for (about) 1 year, then I will head off to harness training! Please feel free to follow my blog and keep up with: Brandon's Life... As a guide dog in training

My Furry Friends! (Feel free to join the pack!)

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Any ideas??



Toby's trainer here,

Just in the last week I have noticed that Toby is getting a lot of "pink" right under his nose,

though I really can't explain it - I did take a couple pictures, I have already sent this to SEGDI but didn't know if any of you guys could help me! (sorry they don't look the best, they weren't taken on my camera:)

Thanks,



Toby's trainer




4 comments:

Heather and Kelly said...

It might be puppy acne. My last puppy got it on his chin and it looked just like that, but I don't know if they get it on their lips. Just a thought!

Rebecca, Ely and Joe said...

It looks like puppy acne and something he would probably need to go to the vet for to get some medicine, just e-mail AC first. I read several years ago that one that thing makes it spread so fast is dirty stainless steel bowls, so cleaning his bowl often( may be after each meal) might help until you go to the vet. You could also try a warm compress several times a day is also suppose to help.

Lisa and pups said...

I'd say what everyone else already said. A friend had a pup get it eating out of a plastic bowl.

Anna said...

It might not be puppy acne...that tends to be several bumps that are more gray.

If he is being fed out of a plastic bowl, that's probably the cause...