About Me

My photo
I am a male yellow Lab. My birth date is September 4th 2011. I am in training to be a guide dog for the blind. (guide dog school -Southeastern Guide Dogs) I'm my raiser's fifth guide dog puppy. She will keep me for (about) 1 year, then I will head off to harness training! Please feel free to follow my blog and keep up with: Brandon's Life... As a guide dog in training

My Furry Friends! (Feel free to join the pack!)

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Is He Mine?

*(Written by Rudy's Raiser)*
If you were a guide dog raiser - and you dog is already IFT (In For Training - at the school), you sometimes get that feeling "is he mine?" when you look at pictures taken down at the school.

Sometimes you get lucky - and you're dog's name is printed above the picture or sometimes it's just a picture - and it's up to you to figure out if he/she was your dog.

The guide dog school's blog did a post yesterday with pictures of a couple different IFT dogs going on a walk.

The second photo on the post (or see below) caught my eye - it looks just like Toby. I could easily be making it up - as they have a whole bunch of yellow labs down there... but I'll let you guys decide for yourself!

Rudy's (and Toby's) Raiser
The human that has a dog with a blog


Compare the 2 photos below... and let me know if you think the top picture looks like Toby.

Photo posted on guide dog blog:
Picture of (a dog) who is yellow with some tan markings. He is standing beside a volunteer dog walker - I think he looks like Toby!


Photo of Toby taken while down at school:
Picture of Toby in harness down at the school - a picture one of the trainer's took

11 comments:

Lola and also Franklin, too said...

Ohboy, it's hard to be sure. I'd be inclined to say it's not, but the camera angles, the lighting and the position (standing, sitting) are all so different it's really hard to be sure.

V.L. Locey said...

Boy it IS hard to say!

Raiser Erin said...

Labs...they're a dime a dozen in looks. But there's definitely something about his eyes that are the same in both pictures so maybe. :)

Ally and Eclipse said...

That's what I was thinking but my first idea was that it's Rocky! Either way it's handsome boy and you can be sure there may just be an almost identical picture with your boy in since I'm sure he had just as much fun! :-D

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Hard to tell all woo Labs apart -

We Sibes nevFUR have that trouble...

Snikhkering!

Thanks fur sharing!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Ruby's Raiser has a furry pawesome post today as well!

Wilma said...

It sure does look like Rudy...Will you ever be able to know for sure?

Oskar said...

I think it is Toby, it's in his eyes!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Doris Sturm said...

Judging by those big feet and that face - I'm pretty sure that's him ;-)

Dexter said...

Well, it is hard to say, but a mom always knows.

Slobbers,
Mango

Two French Bulldogs said...

Oh my word..every buddy looks the same. BOL
Benny & Lily

Scooter said...

It is hard to tell but whoever it is, he is a nice looking guy!!

wags
Jazzi