About Me

My photo
I am a male yellow Lab. My birth date is September 4th 2011. I am in training to be a guide dog for the blind. (guide dog school -Southeastern Guide Dogs) I'm my raiser's fifth guide dog puppy. She will keep me for (about) 1 year, then I will head off to harness training! Please feel free to follow my blog and keep up with: Brandon's Life... As a guide dog in training

My Furry Friends! (Feel free to join the pack!)

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Fun While Working

I had a furry fun shopping trip yesterday... filled with lots of "Rudy... sit/stay" (snap of picture)... "Rudy... Forward", go another 2 feet... "Rudy... sit/stay" (snap of picture) - and on and on... My raiser thinks taking pictures with me in a "sit-stay" is a lot of furry fun for HER. If she could just realize WALING FORWARD is a LOT easier for both of us and will get places quicker.

Other than the picture taking part of the shopping trip... I did have lots of fun! I really enjoy working with the guide dog harness, and I love getting to go into shops. (please note: My raiser IS NOT allowed to/and doesn't use the handle of the harness).

My raiser said I'm doing much better with my pulling, and she was very impressed with her our worked during our shopping trip.

Have a furry good weekend... and enjoy the pictures below!

Rudy - the dog with a blog

Um.... Mom... could we GO anytime soon??
Picture of Rudy in a sit-stay in coat while wearing the harness and he's looking straight ahead; ready for the command forward!


YUMMY - it's the candy section!
Picture of Rudy in a sit-stay in coat/harness with the candy section behind him


Mommy.... PLEASE, can I have just one???
Picture of Rudy in a sit-stay in coat/harness with lots of large Valentine's stuffed animals beside him; he's giving me the 'PLEASE can I have one?' Look!



Finally, not a "sit-stay" photo... See, we are MOVING in the picture...
Picture of Rudy in coat/harness doing the command forward beside me (walking 2 feet ahead of me)

12 comments:

Dexter said...

Rudy! When did you get your official harness? Have I been sleeping? You look like a pro.

Slobbers,
Mango

Two French Bulldogs said...

Good job Rudy. You are going to be a lot of stuff we can't do
Benny & Lily

Golden Samantha said...

Thanks for visiting Rudy - you sure are a very, very good listener and "obeyer!" My dogness! Can't believe how you heed those commands in that store - Momma's threatening to call your Momma for instructions!!! GOOD WORK!!! (And you'd be totally pawesome at tracking - but it's furry easy compared to what we're reading and seeing in your pix!!!) Fiddler??? Our DOH Mamma doesn't get it, but is certain that it is amusing!
Hugs xoxoxo
Sammie, Avalon and Ozzie

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

Dat looks like lots of fun! I wonders if a teenie weenie dog can apply to bees a .... guide dog. I can guides anybodys to da kitchen and da fridge.

Becky Andrews said...

Good work, Rudy!

houndstooth said...

We thought of you today, Rudy! On our way home from our hike, we stopped for Mom and Dad to get some food and a pair or guide dogs, or guide dogs in training, walked out of the restaurant! I hope you got a reward after all that hard work you did!

Bunny

Unknown said...

You're amazing Rudy! How could you resist those candies and toys by just sitting there for your mom to take pictures?

MadameMoiselle said...

When is the big official day.. The harness looks really cool..

Licks
Zelle

Unknown said...

Wow! You make it all look so easy! And how lucky you are to be able to go into all those places the rest of doggies are excluded from!
xxx Oz

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

Rudy, you did a very good job with all the sit/stays. I can see why that boring but at least you get to look in the shops right?
~lickies, Ludo

Oskar said...

You look like you're a natural.

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

tula monstah said...

Rudy woo are good! i mean ignoring all those stuffies who were staring at woo! just wanting to be destuffed.. would have done me in!

props to ya,
tula