About Me

My photo
I am a male yellow Lab. My birth date is September 4th 2011. I am in training to be a guide dog for the blind. (guide dog school -Southeastern Guide Dogs) I'm my raiser's fifth guide dog puppy. She will keep me for (about) 1 year, then I will head off to harness training! Please feel free to follow my blog and keep up with: Brandon's Life... As a guide dog in training

My Furry Friends! (Feel free to join the pack!)

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Year's Party... for our Guide Dog Group

Last Saturday was our furry awesome New Year's Party with the guide dog group.
It was AMAZING - all but 1 pup showed up, and we also had some "older" dogs come (some that graduated from the guide dog school - and are in the breeder program, or got Career changed due to allergies). So it was a very "dog" crowded place!
I also got to meet the newest pups to our group: "Hedy", "Happy", "Waffles" & "Judy", which are all so furry cute!
My last puppy sitter (who currently is raising Waffles) was there - and my raiser was so surprised that I cared more about the lady - then I did about her puppy "Waffles"!
Which isn't normal... because I'm really dog distracted! Guess I just really like my sitters!
We did obedience before sitting down to eat - and I did PERFECT with my commands, getting them all correct right on the dot. When we did the puppy swap (all raisers trade puppies) my raiser ended up with "Happy" one of the new pups. And after I calmed down, I did pretty good with the raiser who was working me.
We did the awards/gifts before we ate - and I was given this HUGE baggy with cool things in it. One of which was a awesome water bottle toy (pictured somewhere below) that I love.
My raiser handed out SEGDI puppy raiser bumper magnetics that she designed to all the current puppy raisers. (Thanks to Build a Sign - as they donated all those to me for free!). The puppy raisers LOVED them, and our AC thinks the school may be interested in them too :)
Once the people finished eating - all the dogs were given doggy cake, which was amazing - we took a group picture (and some pictures of my brother "Al" & I together), then it was time to leave.
I really hope you guys enjoy the pictures & movies below!
I'm off to go eat some snow :)

*Btw - if you didn't see the post my raiser did yesterday, it gives out ALL the info we have on her last dog Toby. And tells you what career he chose to take. So make sure to check it out - as he's got a fun filled life ahead of him!*

Rudy
The dog with a blog

Picture of Rudy in a down-stay watching other dogs play
Picture of Rudy in coat in a down-stay beside me. Our group is doing obedience

Picture of Rudy & I doing forward during obedience with our group



Picture of a black puppy Happy; I'm sitting beside her giving her the command down


Picture of Rudy in a stand-stay with another raiser (during the swap)

Picture of Rudy playing with his new toy

A group picture with all of the pups in training - and the breeder dogs

Picture of Rudy & his brother Al in a down-stay. Rudy's looking at the camera with his head resting on the ground
Picture of Rudy & Al both laying down with their tongues hanging out

(Movie of Rudy doing the command "down" during puppy class)

(Movie of Rudy doing the commands "down" & "stand" during puppy class - he was the first pup to stand and our AC told him great job - which you can "kind of" hear in the video)

5 comments:

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

These dogs are just so amazing. So focused....Can't do that with a weenie dog, huh?

Erin said...

Good job Rudy!!

Two French Bulldogs said...

Great job Rudy. Sure looks like a fun pawrty
Snuggles,
Benny & Lily

Deborah said...

I just read your post from Toby, that is awesome! I am so happy for all of you and the fact the Toby will be working search and rescue, how awesome is that! Congratulations! You must be very happy.
The party you went too looked like fun! It is amazing what you do with your guide dogs!!!
xxoo
Deborah

Pat Wahler said...

Looks like that was a terrific puppy party!
And thanks for the update on Toby. I know he'll do a great job!

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com