About Me

My photo
I am a male yellow Lab. My birth date is September 4th 2011. I am in training to be a guide dog for the blind. (guide dog school -Southeastern Guide Dogs) I'm my raiser's fifth guide dog puppy. She will keep me for (about) 1 year, then I will head off to harness training! Please feel free to follow my blog and keep up with: Brandon's Life... As a guide dog in training

My Furry Friends! (Feel free to join the pack!)

Monday, January 17, 2011

My Distraction Training...

My raiser said "distraction training" helps me with my path to becoming a guide dog.

But I don't see how in the furry little world "ignoring" a yellow jacket (that smells like 7 cats...) is going to help with my training.

(Movie of Rudy in a down-stay with a yellow jacket sleeve hanging 1 inch above his nose... and the owner of the jacket does own 7 cats. Rudy did ignore the jacket - and doesn't even acknowledge it's there)

I think if she let me smell it... lay on it... lick it... chew it... and play with the jacket... I'd be much better off.

Whatever, at least she said "you passed that test".

Rudy - The dog with a blog

8 comments:

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

Good for you, Rudy! Dat is someting dat I could never do!

Amber

3 doxies said...

Perfect example of why I would nevers be a good guide dog...others than da fact dat I is a little on da short side.
Well done Rudy!

Puddles

Two French Bulldogs said...

Good job Rudy. That is hard stuff!
Snuggles,
Benny & Lily

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

That's pretty inkhredible!

Mom's one transport passenger on Sunday - Morgan - kept sniffing the sleeve of her fleecy so she khould chekhk out ME

AND then when Mom khame home, I had to chekhk out the stuff Morgan left me!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Oskar said...

You are gonna be a great guide doggie!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Clive said...

Distraction training is hard - well done Rudy!

We remember having to sit in McDonalds with Clive while he had to lie down on the floor with a load of french fries on the floor around and ignore them. It was one of the last tests he had to do on our qualification week with him! It's wasn't easy - but he left the fries alone!

take care
Murray's Mom

houndstooth said...

Rudy, I'd say you're rock solid on that one!

Bunny

Erin said...

Good job Rudy!