About Me

My photo
I am a male yellow Lab. My birth date is September 4th 2011. I am in training to be a guide dog for the blind. (guide dog school -Southeastern Guide Dogs) I'm my raiser's fifth guide dog puppy. She will keep me for (about) 1 year, then I will head off to harness training! Please feel free to follow my blog and keep up with: Brandon's Life... As a guide dog in training

My Furry Friends! (Feel free to join the pack!)

Monday, May 3, 2010

I Did It For Toby -

1 week before Toby "left" (went back to school) I decided to start running. (as in - 3 miles running!).
I ran twice with Toby before he left, and kept it up after he was gone, then decided to enter a 5k race.
Of course this race had to be AFTER Toby was gone :( So he wouldn't be here to cheer me on.
This race was last Saturday.
With over 180 people running (and walking!) it, I happened to get a prize... a trophy... for second OVERALL female. Yes, I was the SECOND female to cross the finish line!

Toby would have been proud to see me finish and I wish he was still with me, but he has much better things to do!
I'm happy to have won a trophy, since I just started running 2 1/2 weeks ago I was quite surprised!
On a different note, Tracker came over today. We had so much fun playing together! I wonder how long I will be having him over for - a couple more days, another week? Either way, Liberty is LOVING him. He is her new "play buddy" and she waits by the door each morning for me to run over to pick him up!
I'm off to do another race "for" Toby this weekend, wish me luck!
Toby's Raiser & Tracker's Sitter
The human sometimes with a dog that has a blog
Picture of me on race day (after the race) with my trophy!
Close up picture of my trophy - it is a silver lady jogging and says Gateway 5k 2010. Overall second place
Photo of Tracker climbing inside the huge metal bucket - full of dog toys
Cute picture of Tracker - trying to find the perfect toy!

25 comments:

Lola and also Franklin, too said...

Congratulations on the race. That's really quite amazing - winning a trophy when you'd really just started. I'm quite the runner myself, but I can't say the same for my humans. Oldish, you know. You keep up the good work. It seems you're a natural at running.

Tracker is very cute.

wags, Lola

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations! You just must be a most natural runner. I likes to run but only for short bursts. Then I gots to stop and smell something.

Give cute lil tracker some smoochies from me!

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

houndstooth said...

Congratulations! That's a great accomplishment! Did you go home and take a nap after you ran like I do?

That picture of Tracker cracked us up! He looks like he could take flight, but I know he'll grow into those ears eventually!

Bunny

Nellie, Yuchie, Calvert and Bailey said...

Hooray for you!

What a wonderful accomplishment for a human ... hehehe

See... Toby will forever be with you each time you run.

Long may you run...


Nellie & Calvert

the magic sleigh said...

Woooos! Congrats on running in the race ! I love to run too, but Mum says we are getting too old fur that. We are proud of woo and know Toby would be too!
Tucker in one cute puppy!
~husky Kisses~
-Kira The BeaWootiful

Doris Sturm said...

Congratulations - you did Toby proud ;-)

Beth and Alfie said...

WOW, you obviously have some natural talent! I think you should look into this running thing more seriously with results like that... :) I used to run long distance competitively as a kid, now my knees bug me...rats...but anyway, I appreciate your achievement! Toby would most definitely be proud. :)

Pat Wahler said...

Congratulations! I'm very impressed at your running abilities! My daughter just did her first half-marathon and loved it!

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com

Wilma said...

Awesome! Great job congratulationson your trophy. Toby would havr been very proud. I can's run(legs too short)

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Khongrats!

I so hope Toby's new place has WiFi so he khan keep up on your pawesome akhkhomplishment!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Smushie Ranch said...

Congratulations! That's pawsome! Toby would be so proud of you. Mom ordered us a dog jogger so she could take us running. Of course we'll be in our jogger making sure mom goes the right way.... BOL!

Kisses,
Stella, Gunther and Betty

JD and Max said...

Well done on the race, that was simply pawsome! Toby would be very proud - the two of you are both very selfless individuals you know! Tracker is so cute - FH keeps squealing at his photos! Schnauzer snuggles - JD and Max.

Bella and Ollie said...

Congratulations on your win!
Toby must have been a good trainer :P
Good luck with future races.

Love, Bella.

Kirkland Acres Rabbitry And Farm said...

congrats. I ran my first race last year. It was so much fun. Unfortunately my work schedule doesn't give me time off to run many. I must admit ?I have slacked off a bit on the running, I need to get refocused.

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Congrats!!

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Ruairi

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Congratulations on your win in the race - we bet Toby would be very proud of you! We just love Tracker and hope he can come to play many more times.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Golden Samantha said...

Wow wow wow!!! That is just so pawsome!!! Congrats on the win and on your trophy - superb! I used to do little 5ks and the best I could ever do was 9th in my age group - and was thrilled about that! You are a superstar - and obviously furry fast!
Hugs xoxoxo
Sammie and Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow that's awesome! Congrats!

Peggy y Mhathy said...

Our congratulations, we're proud of have such a friend like you. toby would be proud of you too.
Wags Peggy and Mhathy

mountainbears said...

That's awesome! What a nice unexpected surprise!

the booker man said...

gratsers miss toby's raiser!!! that is so cool! mama says it looks like you have the physique for running, so no wonder you are so good at it!! good luck with your next race!
that tracker...he is just a total cutie. what toy is he after? heehee.
*woof*
the booker man

Tucker said...

Wow, congrats. My auntie ran a race this fall and we were there to cheer her on. I was exhausted from wataching all the pretty ladies run cause it was 13 miles! Crazy hoomans, you aren't even chasing anything.....

woof - Tucker

Martine said...

Way to go getting 2nd place!!!!!!

Erin said...

Wow Great job!!!

Kari in Alaska said...

congrats on the race!