About Me

My photo
I am a male yellow Lab. My birth date is September 4th 2011. I am in training to be a guide dog for the blind. (guide dog school -Southeastern Guide Dogs) I'm my raiser's fifth guide dog puppy. She will keep me for (about) 1 year, then I will head off to harness training! Please feel free to follow my blog and keep up with: Brandon's Life... As a guide dog in training

My Furry Friends! (Feel free to join the pack!)

Friday, May 14, 2010

Toby Update - Once More! Report Card Style!

***NOTE: (Haven't read my last post? Please back up and read it before continuing on - as I heard GOOD news about Toby yesterday!)***

So, Toby's my first pup that I will be getting "report cards" on.

Starting last year each month you will be sent a short and simple report card on his training.

Of course since he was just moved to the training kennel - and still needs to be neutered, his training isn't that great (and he has only started with a couple commands).
But I'm excited to be able to "hear" how is training is going through out the months!

Note to my sweet boy:
Dear Toby;
You made it through the first little bit of your test - the medicals. But now it's really time to shine, show all the other dogs what I taught you and become the BEST guide dog you can.
And please watch your grades - I don't want to get a phone call that you've been expelled.
Thank you,
Your Loving Raiser

Any updates I receive on Toby, I will be posting.
Name Game Rules coming soon :)
Have a awesome Friday and give you furry friends a hug for me!

Toby's Raiser & Tracker's Sitter
The human sometimes with a dog that has a blog



Picture of the actual report card I got about Toby - it has a list of various guide dog commands & behavior  - since Toby has just moved into training he is only starting with a couple. He got W (Working on) with Accepts Harness.  He got + (meeting expectations) on Forward. He got W with Scent.  On People he got +.  On Small animal he got +.  On Dog he got W.  On Kennel Behavior he got ++.  On the comments the trainer write (Toby is a strong sniffer. We are just learning one another so the pressure is still low




*Please click on picture to make bigger*

13 comments:

Smushie Ranch said...

Tee hee, this makes us chuckle. We think Stella would do very well at school. Gunther not so much because he's always looking out the window. Betty, not really cause she only cares about momma. I wonder how all Toby's blog furiends would do! BOL!

Love,
Stella, Gunther and Betty

Raiser Erin said...

That's really cool! I always used to wish that next to our weekly phase reports they would put a little note next to each dog like "Freya is not playing nice with the other kids." or "Freya just got a kennel mate." I would have especially liked to know where she was having problems.

Good Luck Toby!!

3 doxies said...

This is soooo exciting. He is really gonna do it. Afters looking at that report card, it is a sure thing I would be expelled on da furst day...hehehe!
WAY TO GO TOBSTER!!!!!!
Puddles

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Khongrats on the good report khard!

Strong sniffer! WOO HOO!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

houndstooth said...

I can't imagine Toby getting expelled! It will be fun to hear how he's doing! Hopefully he'll be on the honor roll and make you proud!

Bunny

Doris Sturm said...

How exciting! Following him will be like having a kid in the military academy ;-) Good luck to Toby! And all the best to you!

Kirkland Acres Rabbitry And Farm said...

I'm sure it'll be straight A's for Toby. He had such a great strt with you.

Rebecca, Ely and Joe said...

way to go Toby!

CD McLean said...

Thanks for posting the report card. That is very interesting!

This One Wild Life said...

Congrats to you and Toby! And how exciting that another puppy is coming soon!

See you around "The Hop" next week!

D.K. Wall said...

We are pretty sure The Herd is made up of drop-outs, but very cool to see.

Pat Wahler said...

We are all so proud of Toby! He will make a fanastic guide dog!

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com

the booker man said...

way to go, toby!! he's off to a grrreat start!
i'd totally get thrown out of school for excessive sniffing. heeheehee.
*woof*
the booker man