About Me

My photo
I am a male yellow Lab. My birth date is September 4th 2011. I am in training to be a guide dog for the blind. (guide dog school -Southeastern Guide Dogs) I'm my raiser's fifth guide dog puppy. She will keep me for (about) 1 year, then I will head off to harness training! Please feel free to follow my blog and keep up with: Brandon's Life... As a guide dog in training

My Furry Friends! (Feel free to join the pack!)

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Shopping is FUN!

Yep, it's that time again.
Puppy comes THIS Sunday, so I had to go "puppy shopping" - yes HAD to :)
Picking out a matching leash and collar and some cute "useful" puppy toys!
(already have the health/grooming items, various dog treats, bed, crate, bowels, food (which we are picking up "with" the puppy) and a couple other items).
The one main thing I still need is a...
NAME TAG.
Which I can't get yet - as I have no idea what his name is!
But all those awesome name ideas for the Name Game I did sounds pretty cool - I betcha one of those is his name! (which is still going - you have 'til Saturday night to enter - hop right over and guess some names - you may win a prize!)
Only one problem - I have OVER 130 name guesses, don't know which one it is!
Since my dog isn't here yet - I'll leave you with some pictures of the puppy's items!
(Don't forget to head over to the Name Game post and pick your fav 5 names!)
P.S. I talked to Brax's owner this morning - post coming soon! (New followers: Brax was the first puppy I raised for SEGDI, he passed rather quickly as a guide dog, and has been working for the past 2 years in FL)
Toby's Raiser & Tracker's Sitter
The human sometimes with a dog that has a blog
Picture of all the dog items I have - from dog toys to a matching leash & collarShopping - my fav thing!
Picture of 3 blue dog toys - 2 rubber shaped toys & one tug toyBlues go good together - and they are all fun puppy toys!
Picture of the doggy's stuffies, a few mini ones - perfect for puppies!He will need some stuffies to cuddle with!

Picture of one of my dog toys - a ice cream cone - kind of like a kong, but not the same brand. You can put things inside it though We all need "cute & fun" toys!
Picture of the new puppy's pacifier chew toyThese are SO CUTE!

Picture of 3 cute & fun dog chew toys Great fun - and good for the puppy!

Picture of some dog treat baggies You can never have to many treats :)
Close up picture of the leash & collar I picked. It's a orange nylon type leash, with leather on one side I LOVE this collar & leash!

17 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

That is a furry nice khollar and leash!

It won't be long now!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Raiser Erin said...

Wow, your dogs get to have a lot of fun. None of those things are on the approved list for GDB puppies.

I can't wait to hear his name. That's my favourite part. :) It won't be long now!

mayziegal said...

How very much exciting! My mom says she likes shopping for us better than she does for herself!

Wiggles & WAgs,
Mayzie

houndstooth said...

Getting ready for a new puppy is so exciting! Enjoy it all!

Bunny and her mom

Sarah and Romeo said...

WOW! I seriously need to do that, my toys have all gotten mostly destroyed ans I buy like one at a time, need to just go on a shopping spree!

Lauren said...

What a lucky pup! I LOVE shopping for dog toys. That leash and collar set is so pretty.

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

It looks like you are definitely ready.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh, Ruairi and Becky

V.L. Locey said...

Wow, such a grand assortment of goodies! That pup is one lucky guy!

Lola and also Franklin, too said...

Lucky puppy! He's going to be so all set. Can't wait for the big day!

wags, Lola

Doris Sturm said...

Wow, so much stuff - what a lucky dog!

I'm glad you're excited, I would be too...can't wait to find out what his name is :-)
(It's a boy, right?)

3 doxies said...

Oh that is one lucky puppy. His not even here and he's already spoiled.
Uh and I believe I see a doxie stuffy too.
Puddles

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Oh, how we love that collar and leash. Bet you can't wait for Sunday to come. 130 names - that should be fun narrowing it down.

And we love shopping - we need to get our Mom out to do some for us. She says we have enough toys, but we don't think we ever have enough.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Fred said...

Wow--that puppy is more than ready! And I still think Fred is the best name there is. ;P

mountainbears said...

Our dog has that yellow "Aqua bone." She loves it, chews on it and tosses it around!

ocmist said...

That's one LUCKY puppy!!! Boy, has HE got a stash! We want to come and visit when he gets there! The Country Corgi Pups

Kirkland Acres Rabbitry And Farm said...

you are the best dog mom ever!

Anonymous said...

I love shopping for new puppy stuff-it's so exciting!