About Me

My photo
I am a male yellow Lab. My birth date is September 4th 2011. I am in training to be a guide dog for the blind. (guide dog school -Southeastern Guide Dogs) I'm my raiser's fifth guide dog puppy. She will keep me for (about) 1 year, then I will head off to harness training! Please feel free to follow my blog and keep up with: Brandon's Life... As a guide dog in training

My Furry Friends! (Feel free to join the pack!)

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

New Pup Update... and a NAME GAME??

You may notice below the list of Toby's followers I have a new "ticker" (count down gadget).
This was just added to count down the days 'till my new puppy comes!

I called today and found out "new puppy" will be arriving in my state Sunday evening on the 23rd!
I was hoping to pick him up next Thursday, but the family who will be bringing up the litter happens to be vacationing down in FL right around that time - and will be leaving Sunday morning. I'm not complaining though - I don't have to drive all the way to FL!

I don't know "new puppy's" name yet. I most likely won't find out the name 'til he's picked up... unless I get lucky - if so I'll make sure to let you guys know :) Maybe...

BUT, while we wait on the puppy... why not have a little fun??

Stay tune for a NAME POOL! (I don't know if I'll give away a prize or not...) The only problem is... you are just guessing random names (for boys), as our school doesn't do "letter litters", they have people willing to sponsor a puppy (for $3500) - which includes naming.
I will be doing a "puppy name game" sometime soon though, but it may not have prizes... sorry!

Also note that as of TOMORROW, it will be FOUR WEEKS since Toby left. Which means... I should be receiving a phone call/email in the next couple days on an update (if he passed his medicals... how he's doing in training... such).

So stay tuned for a TOBY UPDATE and a NAME GAME!!

Please let me know if you guys would want to play a "Name Game" without even having any hints.

**Also note that the school has posted a new "puppy cam" movie - so check out the puppy cam to see "my" puppy!**

I'm off to go play with Tracker... who's playing with Liberty!

Toby's Raiser & Tracker's Sitter
The human sometimes with a dog that has a blog

Picture of 8 cute black Goldador puppies in a basket -  One of the pups will be mine! (Note - I've posted this picture before)



19 comments:

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

I can't wait to hear how Toby is doing!!

We are always up for a game!!

Smileys!
Dory

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

That's one cute basket of puppies!!

Martha said...

We are so excited for you. We have just got a new puppy - well he is only a picture - we sponsor him!
His name is Garth - we must post a pic.
Unfortunately our last puppy, Marcus, did not make the grade as a guide dog but has gone to a great home.
love
Martha and Bailey xxx

Lola and also Franklin, too said...

Well, the odds are long with no hints at all, but hey, what do we have to lose. You don't have to give a prize. We just like to play games.

wags, Lola

Henry. I'm guessing Henry, today. Tomorrow - probably not.

Heather and Kelly said...

What fun! A name game! I don't know if we would be able to do it without hints, but I'm sure it would be fun anyway.

Can't wait to hear the news on Toby!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We are excited to hear how Toby is doing too. That puppy cam is so much fun to watch. Mom says she could puppy watch all day long.

Games are fun - bring it on.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Anonymous said...

I LUVS games! I'm gonna start thinking of names right now. How many names can we give you? Oh...you prolly don't know that right now. Anyway, just let me know and I'll play along.

I can't WAIT to meet New Puppy!

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

Pat Wahler said...

Ooooh! How I wish I could get my hands on one of those chubby sweet puppies!

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com

houndstooth said...

I am not sure which is more exciting -- seeing the new puppy or hearing how Toby's doing! We can't wait to hear all the news!

Games are fun! Go for it!

Bunny

ocmist said...

Looking forward to the update and checking out your name game. There are 6 of us... Do we each get a guess? (Only if there are no prizes) The Country Corgis

The Luke said...

We can't wait to hear from the Toby!

We are a little scared of the puppies on a counta the Mom has dedicated SO much of her life to the Old Golds. They (We) need her so much more, but temptation is some times... HARD!

We SO respect all you do!!! You are SO awesome... and so selfless. We LOVE what you do!!! And we can't wait to read about the new adventures of the Lucky Pup who comes your way to be trained!

wif love from the Luke

Doris Sturm said...

Oh, those pups are adorable...it is so wonderful of you to be a part in helping in raise and train those marvellous creatures to be guide dogs. What a noble cause.

I worked for a Vet and we had several clients who fostered guide dogs and they always were anxious to know how their dogs did in the exam because they told me that they are not allowed to make even one mistake or else they're out. Can they start over or are they disqualified forever?

Golden Samantha said...

Those pups are just adorable! Desperately wanna hear how Toby's doing!And that name game sounds super cool! Let us know!
Hugs xoxoox
Sammie

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

This is all so furry exciting!!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Life With Dogs said...

You must be freaking out. I can't wait to meet the newbie. :)

Raiser Erin said...

your school gives you calls? Lucky duck! GDB only send out a weekly phase report letting us know what phase our dog is in. We don't know anything past that. I wish someone would call saying things like "Freya is playing nice with the other dogs." or "Freya loves her new kennel mate." I don't eve know if she has a litter mate.

Please do the Name Game. It's so much fun to see what names people think of.

V.L. Locey said...

Look forward to a Toby update! Sure, a name game sounds like fun!

MySpecialDoggies said...

I can't wait to hear about Toby! A friend of mine just received word that her puppy (Victoria) has graduated & will be a guide dog from the Seeing Eye School in NJ.

Hugs/Licks from Apples & Neeli
Greetings from Nadine

Fred said...

Very cool that you're getting a new puppy! I think you should name him {or her}...FRED. ;P
Thanks for stopping by my blog!